ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(G) PEO Appointment - Do dependants need to be present?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paribus
United Kingdom

Tier1(G) PEO Appointment - Do dependants need to be present?

Post by paribus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:11 am

I have booked a tier 1 (general) PEO interview for 2nd week in March in Birmingham. I have 3 dependants, spouse and 2 kids which I did pre-register on the UKBA site and when booking the appointment.

Now I'm not sure if my dependants actually need to be present during the interview. Does anyone has any information about this? Any links or documents will be helpful as I am not able to see anything on UKBA site that says whether dependants needs to attend PEO interview for Tier 1 general.

Thanks for providing any info.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:00 am

Any info appreciated. Thanks
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:50 am

No such requirement for ILR applications, but I am not sure if the same is true for Tier 1 applications.

Best that you check with UKBA directly.

regards

majun
Newly Registered

Post by majun » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 am

Hi,

I think it is now mandatory to take your dependants along because for all applications after Dec 14th 2010 you have to give biometrics and you will receive a bio-metric residence permit.

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi

Any application made after december 14 should enroll biometric as part of the application process. You will be issued your BRP instead of Vignette in Passport. So the answer is YES.

The child photograph only will be taken if they are under 6 Years of age. no finger prints will be taken for applicants under 6 years old.

linuxman2k3
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1(G) PEO Appointment - Do dependants need to be pres

Post by linuxman2k3 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 pm

paribus wrote:I have booked a tier 1 (general) PEO interview for 2nd week in March in Birmingham. I have 3 dependants, spouse and 2 kids which I did pre-register on the UKBA site and when booking the appointment.

Now I'm not sure if my dependants actually need to be present during the interview. Does anyone has any information about this? Any links or documents will be helpful as I am not able to see anything on UKBA site that says whether dependants needs to attend PEO interview for Tier 1 general.

Thanks for providing any info.
Paribus, when you made your online booking did you receive confirmation of the people that will assist (your 3 dependants) with you to the PEO? I received an email but it does not mention anything but the booking reference. Thanks.

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:41 am

Hi linux,

You will receive only the booking reference in Email. It wont' list all the applicants for the appointment.

They will have record of the applicants if you have included them by adding family members before you make an appointment.

But You can verify in other way.

You must have got referenceID and Transaction ID for all the members of your family before you book an appointment. If you go to the same appointment booking page and enter the above details and the random digits from your memorable word for each family member it should give you the appointment date and time. Again it is Generic Appointment information not person specific. if you see the appointment booked for all the members with the above method it means it is confirmed.

Good Luck.