ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ( Change of Employment)The resident labour market test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farhankhan
Newly Registered

Tier2 ( Change of Employment)The resident labour market test

Post by farhankhan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:39 am

i would like to know if a new prospective employer wishing to employee someone already on tier2 with a different company needs to perform the labour market test to obtain a COS ?

your hlep would be appreciated.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 am

Yes they would unless your prospective employer already has an allocation of COS. The COS would be granted depending on your job, salary etc.

farhankhan
Newly Registered

Post by farhankhan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks you for your reply.

My prospective Employer have Zero COS allocation left,so i was told. and they have asked me to wiat and i will be contacted once they have received allocation after 06th of April??

Is home office going to allocate any number of COS's to the employers in the near future or everyone have to apply for one after completing labour market test?

umb

Post by umb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 pm

farhankhan wrote:Thanks you for your reply.

My prospective Employer have Zero COS allocation left,so i was told. and they have asked me to wiat and i will be contacted once they have received allocation after 06th of April??

Is home office going to allocate any number of COS's to the employers in the near future or everyone have to apply for one after completing labour market test?
Home office will be sending letters/emails to employers for allocation of Un-Restricted COS this month. They'll ask employers how much of Un-Restricted COS allocations they need and will update the system for use of these COSs after 6th April. If an employer does not respond to this letter/email from home office, they can still request un-restricted COS after 6th April.

Thanks