ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Visa status after passport validity is expired !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Tier1 Visa status after passport validity is expired !

Post by amit_cris » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:34 am

I have valid UK tier1 work permit ( got it stamped in Oct2009) Since then i have not visited UK even once.

Like most indian passport with 10 year validity, my Passport is also fast approching its expiry date which Oct 2010. Can you please tell me that what would be the status of my Tier1 Visa once i got my Passport renewed obviously in Oct 2010 and get new booklet.

Will my tier1 remain valid ? or anything i need to do from my side to ensure that my Tier1 Visa remain valid.

Regards
Amit

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:37 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Post by amit_cris » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:28 am

Do we really need to transfer the Visa to new passport ? or should i continue to keep old booklet with the new one ?.

In case i need to transfer the Visa to my new passport what is the process of doing that ? and is it possible to do it in India or UK ?

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:41 am

Visa on your old passport remains valid even after your passport expiry.

But in that case, you always need to travel with your new & old passports.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:51 am

rg1 wrote:Visa on your old passport remains valid even after your passport expiry.

But in that case, you always need to travel with your new & old passports.
RG1 is absolutely correct!!!

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Post by amit_cris » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Thanks All for puting your reply. RG1 , it means i need not do anything . just carry on my old passport booklet along with me, right ?.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:34 pm

amit_cris wrote:Thanks All for puting your reply. RG1 , it means i need not do anything . just carry on my old passport booklet along with me, right ?.
No offence ... but had you read through the link provided by Vinny in his post you would've got all the answers.

The following extract from the linked page should make things crystal clear:
Transferring your visa to a new passport wrote: You do not need to transfer your residence permit to your new passport. If you choose not to transfer your permit, you should carry both your old and new passports when you travel to the UK - this will prove to our immigration officers that you have the right to be in the UK. If you cannot produce your residence permit when you arrive at our border, you may not be allowed to enter the country.
regards

il_breeze
Newly Registered

I am still confused by the official info

Post by il_breeze » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 pm

The following are the quotes from the site:
You do not need to transfer your residence permit to your new passport
...the immigration officer ... will put a date stamp in your new passport. You must then send us an application form asking us to place a residence permit in your new passport
I am confused by these "do not need to transfer" and "must send an application" guidelines. My understanding is that I can enter UK once using old and new passports, but I will be mandated to arrange the Transfer of Conditions immediately after arrival.

Is my understanding correct?

mskhan

Re: I am still confused by the official info

Post by mskhan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:57 pm

il_breeze wrote:
The following are the quotes from the site:
You do not need to transfer your residence permit to your new passport
...the immigration officer ... will put a date stamp in your new passport. You must then send us an application form asking us to place a residence permit in your new passport
I am confused by these "do not need to transfer" and "must send an application" guidelines. My understanding is that I can enter UK once using old and new passports, but I will be mandated to arrange the Transfer of Conditions immediately after arrival.

Is my understanding correct?
Its upto you mate. If you decided not to transfer your visa to your new passport then you would be carrying both the passports with you all the time. This is what I do.... :lol:

However, if you decided to get your visa transferred to your new passport then you would arrange Transfer of Conditions.

Got it now?