ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deportation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

Deportation

Post by samira_uk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi

My friend is going to apply for Tier 4 visa. 5 years ago he deported from Greece as he entered the country illegally. He decided to leave the Greece and at port, deportation stamp put on his passport. Now, he is worried that due to this matter he would be refused visa for entry clearance. I could not find if there is a risk of visa refusal on the basis of prior deportation in another country. Could you please help?

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:22 pm

I wonder how many friends of yours trying to get Tier 4 visa. :P

I think it will be fine if deportation was not on any serious criminal grounds.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Yeah, because I have so many friends who are going to come to the UK and they are not familiar with this website. But, I am not sure about consequences of voluntarily deportation from Greece. If UKBA knows anything about it and what can do?

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:28 am

What UKBA can do? They will refuse entry clerance application. Thats simple!
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:52 am

I meant that what is the consequences of voluntarily leaving the Greece in 5yeas ago? Will he definitely be refused or ECO may ignore this matter as it is for a long time ago?

lalita1982
Newly Registered

Post by lalita1982 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:18 pm

In the application form for entry clearance The UK, they ask if u have been travelling to other countries, the dates and reasons. Also, they ask if any country has rejected to you any kind of visa and the reasons. I am pretty sure that the fact that your friend entered to Greece illegally and then left the country under voluntary deportation is going to affect his application quite badly.

The UKBA can think that your friend wants to get a student visa just to work illegally in the UK. Also, his bad backgrounds can show that he has not intention to leave the UK after complete his studies.