ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pragati.somaiya
Newly Registered

psw visa

Post by pragati.somaiya » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 am

hi

I am studying from last 1 and half years and just submitted my dissertation in jan 2011 and hope fully get positive results in march 2011. I just wanted to know that will I be able to apply for psw visa after I achieve my transcript in april 2011, as I have came to know there wld be some changes in april 2011.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:05 pm

if you can make an application before April. you will definitely get the PSW(assuming you got all the docs)

if not, then there will be changes and all things point to some sort of transitional arrangement for current students.maybe you will be abl;e to still get psw, how it would look like, after april, is anybodys guess

cheers

pragati.somaiya
Newly Registered

Post by pragati.somaiya » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:41 pm

arsenal49 wrote:if you can make an application before April. you will definitely get the PSW(assuming you got all the docs)

if not, then there will be changes and all things point to some sort of transitional arrangement for current students.maybe you will be abl;e to still get psw, how it would look like, after april, is anybodys guess

cheers
i cant apply before as i wont be having transcript so thats the main problem, hoping for the best.

thanks

taha81

Post by taha81 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Pragati....You DON'T need Transcript to apply for PSW visa, as it is Never mentioned anywhere to provide Transcript on UKBA website.

You can apply with University letter, as mentioned below:

This letter must be an original letter (not a copy), on the official letterheaded paper of the United Kingdom institution where you studied and include the official stamp of that institution. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that institution and must confirm:

* your name;
* the title of the qualification;
* the start and end dates of your period(s) of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution; and
* the date of award (no more than 12 months before the date of your application).

Extra information

If you are unable to provide a certificate of award (for example, when the application is made before your graduation), this letter must also include:

* details of the body awarding the qualification; and
* confirmation that the certificate of the award will be issued.

pragati.somaiya
Newly Registered

Post by pragati.somaiya » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 am

thats the main problem I havent yet got my results it will be in 3rd week of march 2011, so there where i m stuck as the college will also take a week or two to give me letter and everything , which will surely bring april 2011 for me , for which I am worried.

pl help that will new rules affect me.

taha81 wrote:Pragati....You DON'T need Transcript to apply for PSW visa, as it is Never mentioned anywhere to provide Transcript on UKBA website.

You can apply with University letter, as mentioned below:

This letter must be an original letter (not a copy), on the official letterheaded paper of the United Kingdom institution where you studied and include the official stamp of that institution. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that institution and must confirm:

* your name;
* the title of the qualification;
* the start and end dates of your period(s) of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution; and
* the date of award (no more than 12 months before the date of your application).

Extra information

If you are unable to provide a certificate of award (for example, when the application is made before your graduation), this letter must also include:

* details of the body awarding the qualification; and
* confirmation that the certificate of the award will be issued.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 am

No one knows what the new rules will be yet so no one can advise you on that. you just have to wait for the announcement like everyone else.

divarien

Post by divarien » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:56 am

even if the above person is gonnna apply as a in-country applicant after april 2011 will still the changes affect them???? coz wereever i read abt the problem the cap was mentioned for the applicants from outside the country ..

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:58 am

there have been no announcements about Tier 1 PSW yet. The announcements have been in relation to Tier 1 General and Tier 2.

pragati.somaiya
Newly Registered

Post by pragati.somaiya » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 am

divarien wrote:even if the above person is gonnna apply as a in-country applicant after april 2011 will still the changes affect them???? coz wereever i read abt the problem the cap was mentioned for the applicants from outside the country ..

thats i am not able to understand that for whom will be the rules aaplicable will it be for all students or masters will be excluded or applicants from this country or any such thing.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Given that there has been no announcement yet on the changes to PSW then no one can understand what the changes will be! We can only speculate. You have to wait for the announcement as already advised.

pragati.somaiya
Newly Registered

Post by pragati.somaiya » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Greenie wrote:Given that there has been no announcement yet on the changes to PSW then no one can understand what the changes will be! We can only speculate. You have to wait for the announcement as already advised.
yes my fingers are crossed I am waiting for something good .
eventhough if there is something positive can i apply directly as soon as i get my results or i still need to wait till my student visa ends . I mean as i visas ends august can i apply in may or june .

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 pm

you can apply as soon as you meet the requirements, i.e. as soon as you have been awarded your degree and have the PSW letter from your university, and you have held £800 for a consecutive 90 day period. there is no need to wait until just before your visa expires.

pragati.somaiya
Newly Registered

Post by pragati.somaiya » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Greenie wrote:you can apply as soon as you meet the requirements, i.e. as soon as you have been awarded your degree and have the PSW letter from your university, and you have held £800 for a consecutive 90 day period. there is no need to wait until just before your visa expires.
ok I have two dependants so whats the total balance i need to show in bank ????????

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 pm

You'll need an additional £533 for each dependent (or the additional funds can be in the dependent's name)

See PBS dependents policy guidance

Paras 40 - 44

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Taha you are telling if university/ college give you letter saying that you have been awarded degree do you know what's that letter called ?

taha81

Post by taha81 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:11 am

Harison....I am not sure what's that letter called. I can provide you the exact link of UKBA website here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... stitution/

Hope this helps.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:25 am

some universities refer to it as a 'post study work letter'

Just go to your registry department at the university to request the letter. they should know what it is. However they can't issue the letter until you have been awarded your degree, i.e. after the examination board has written to you.

pragati.somaiya
Newly Registered

Post by pragati.somaiya » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:56 pm

taha81 wrote:Harison....I am not sure what's that letter called. I can provide you the exact link of UKBA website here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... stitution/

Hope this helps.

thanks alot it helped alot

HAS 1977
Newly Registered

Post by HAS 1977 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 pm

PLZ PLZZ ADVICE ME URGENT AS SOON AS POSIBLE,

MY HUSBAND LIVES IN UK AND GOT PSW. I JUt applied for uk visa filling vaf10 fourm and i mentioned my baby names in it. b/c i was applying for both of us. i send all the documents and his passport along with hi passport size photo butttttttttttt i recieved an email from uk border agencey saying that (I noticed that you provided your son's passport. In order, for your son to travel with you to the UK, you MUST fill out an application for him also. ) t :shock: i dont understand, was i suppose to fill two different application, one for me and one for my baby,? i m very confuse plzzz, help me with that

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:57 pm

HAS 1977 wrote:PLZ PLZZ ADVICE ME URGENT AS SOON AS POSIBLE,

MY HUSBAND LIVES IN UK AND GOT PSW. I JUt applied for uk visa filling vaf10 fourm and i mentioned my baby names in it. b/c i was applying for both of us. i send all the documents and his passport along with hi passport size photo butttttttttttt i recieved an email from uk border agencey saying that (I noticed that you provided your son's passport. In order, for your son to travel with you to the UK, you MUST fill out an application for him also. ) t :shock: i dont understand, was i suppose to fill two different application, one for me and one for my baby,? i m very confuse plzzz, help me with that
yes you need to complete a separate form for your child and pay the relevent fee. You/your husband also need to show additional funds for your child.

See Post Study Work Guidance