ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank account in which funds are maintained is closed

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

james_curtis
Newly Registered

Bank account in which funds are maintained is closed

Post by james_curtis » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:53 pm

hello everyone

I was banking with Natwest and maintained 800 pounds for a consecutive period of 90 days. When my funds were 60 days old (completed two months of maintenance) i received a letter form Natwest Account Closure Team stating that my account will be closed within 60 days and they didn't mention any reason for their action.

The letter sounded bizarre to me and i ran to the Natwest bank with the letter from the Account Closure Team and have shown it to one of the officals over there, he sounded helpless and advised me speak to the Closure Team by ringing the number which was on the letter. I have done the same and explained my situation to the team and requested the team to allow me another couple of months before closing, but he denied and was repetitively saying that nothing was within the hands of Closure Team. After this i rang couple of numbers met some people but everything was in vain.

Finally I told to myself that anyhow i am going to complete 90 days and will get my statements. Now my student visa was about to expire on 31st Jan 2011, Accounts in Natwest Bank will be closed on 14 Feb 2011. I got my bank statements on 17 Jan 2011, filed my visa on 28 Jan 2011. Got my ACK on 4 Feb 2011, Biometric Letter on 9 Feb 2011, given Biometrics on 10 Feb 2011 and now i am waiting for the decision.

Question is, is there any problem if my bank account gets closed for processing my application...? because what i have heard is after giving biometrics, processing or verification of documents takes place. Will they call Natwest bank and enquire about me and my funds. Moreover At the moment i am not maintaing any funds with any bank.

Since i have given biometrics on 10 Feb 2011 and Bank Account got closed on 15 Feb 2011 what are my chances..?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:26 pm

well, first thing you should do, in my opinion, is let UKBA know via change of circumstances forum.

if they call the bank.. and bank tells them this account doesn't exist... it will only complicate things as caseworker would think you have used forged documents or something....

explain your situation to local MP and see

i) if you can convince bank to delay closure until your app is decided
ii)or...let UKBA know your unique situation

cheers

james_curtis
Newly Registered

Post by james_curtis » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi folks

Actually i had three accounts in Natwest. Savings Account, Current Account and Credit Card. They have closed my Savings and Current Account on 15 Feb 2011 but my Credit Card account is still running. Now if the Home Office does verification checks on the funds maintenance I am still on Natwest database but the thing is my Savings (in which i maintained my funds) and Current is closed. I am unable to guess what the bank officials will respond to the Home office queries....!!!!

One more thing is that in my opinion HO officials do checks or call corresponding officials only when they doubt our documents. Other thing is that in the policy guidance form nothing is written about the existence of bank accounts after you file your application, they just say that u need 90 days original statements and thats it....

whats u r views on this situation folks....!!!!!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:23 pm

case worker is trying to ascertain that you have enough maintenance funds available to you that you arent likely to resort to public funds...

so they ask all applicants to show that enough CASH funds are available in their account.

In your case, caseworker will see your docs and if he/she decided to further check it i.e. call natwest asking them status of account number 1234 which belongs to mr ABC ... the bank would say. no account exists...

which would lead caseworker to think you dont HAVE any cash funds available. hence, the refusal!

credit card account means nothing as it is NOT cash fund!

there is a possibility that natwest say that this account existed until recently but it doesnt exist anymore... its upto caseworker than whether to do further checks or just return your app asking for proof of your current account etc. can you afford a refusal? be on a safe side and clarify things before hand so its an easy decision for caseworker... the onus is upon applicant to prove something to caseworker.. the default position all caseworker take is refusal! unless you prove that you meet all the requirements

james_curtis
Newly Registered

Application is Successful Folks....!!!!!

Post by james_curtis » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:36 pm

After all the suggestions from here and there, i thought lets leave it to the UKBA regarding the Bank account thing. The thing was i have received my PSW straight away without any Hustles. I filed my APP on 28th Jan 2011 and it was successful, with VISA uptill 23rd Feb 2013.

ALL HAPPY'S FOLKS.....CLubbed a lot yesterday.....I want to thank ARSENAL who responded for my post and shared his/her views.

Cheers folks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:54 pm

"his"

:):):)

divarien

Post by divarien » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Congrats ... i had been reading this thread...

drchinky
Newly Registered

Post by drchinky » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 pm

congrats...i hate these banks...caused me a lot of trouble too...