ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fate of Long Residency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afnan
Newly Registered

Fate of Long Residency

Post by afnan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 am

I am wondering what would be the fate of long residency in coming months/years.

Previous govt. proposed earned citizenship which didnt include long residency category. Now current govt. wont implement earcned citizenship.

But are they going to propose harder rules than earned citizenship in coming days?

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:48 am

Ukba is going to launch a consultation on all settlement routes in summer.At present no body knows what the rules will be in coming months.

Wait patiently for the announcements from Ukba.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: Fate of Long Residency

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

afnan
Newly Registered

Post by afnan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:22 am

shahzad80 wrote:
If you read all press conferences and speched,this is clear there would be no long residency rules for settlement.

Shahzad
One of my friend told me that they cant stop this scheme because it is inline with EU rather they will try to stop anyone staying 10 years.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:03 pm

shahzad80 wrote:
afnan wrote:I am wondering what would be the fate of long residency in coming months/years.

Previous govt. proposed earned citizenship which didnt include long residency category. Now current govt. wont implement earcned citizenship.

But are they going to propose harder rules than earned citizenship in coming days?
If you read all press conferences and speched,this is clear there would be no long residency rules for settlement.

Shahzad
May I know, where you reading all this??

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

afnan wrote:
shahzad80 wrote:

Shahzad
One of my friend told me that they cant stop this scheme because it is inline with EU rather they will try to stop anyone staying 10 years.
I agree with afnan.

I can't see them scraping 10 Yrs Long residence but they can make difficult for people to stay for 10 Yrs.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 pm

tall_funky wrote:
afnan wrote:
shahzad80 wrote:

Shahzad
I agree with afnan.

I can't see them scraping 10 Yrs Long residence but they can make difficult for people to stay for 10 Yrs.
thats one of the reasons of tightening the student visa rules. They don't want students to stay here 10 years continuously.