ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Croydon - Set (O) - WP - Self + 2 Dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasang
Newly Registered

ILR Success - Croydon - Set (O) - WP - Self + 2 Dependants

Post by prasang » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:10 am

Got the Indefinite Leave to Remain for myself & my 2 dependants. It's like a dream come true. Finally all the hard work and sleepless nights paid off!!

My sincere thanks to all the members of this forum for being so helpful directly & indirectly.

This forum is so full of all the information you need that I doubt if anyone would need to see a solicitor regarding their ILR applications provided you are prepared to spend some time digging in for the information you need.

I personally have spent hours & hours looking for all the information I need & I am happy to say that I found it all over here.

I am confident that you wouldn't need to look anywhere else as all the information you need for your ILR can be found here.

I do not wish to duplicate posting experience at the PEO as its the same as most other users have already shared.

My main aim for this post is to reassure all the prospective ILR applicants that all the information you need is here.

I have made my own templates using the existing ones that are already been stickied here, although really, none was required or asked for except obviously the employers letter. I will upload them later if needed.

Also, I was only asked for last 3 months bank statements, P60 for the last year, last 3 months pay slips, six photos & form Set (O) although I walked with all the possible documents just in case. I worked for the same employer for the last 5 years.

All the very best to all the future ILR applicants.
Last edited by prasang on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Great ... Congrats !! ... How was the staff ( someone has said Crydone is not good) and did you have any gap in WP stamping ( i.e Visa renewal stamp is after visa expire )...

Second- How long did it take for you to get the passports.

Cheers

prasang
Newly Registered

Post by prasang » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:14 pm

All staff seemed to be helpful, Although my case worker was exceptionally good :D

I had no gaps in WP stamping.

Leaving aside the security, payments & other waiting, I had all our passports with ILR with me after about 2 hours since I was seen by my case worker. All together it was about 5 hours since we entered & left the Home Office. We reached about 40 minutes before our appointment time.

singha6
Newly Registered

ILR covering letter request

Post by singha6 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Congrats Prasang!!!

Can you please provide me with your ILR Covering Letter template. I have to apply in a months time now.

Thanks in advance.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 pm

rajathwp wrote:Great ... Congrats !! ... How was the staff ( someone has said Crydone is not good) and did you have any gap in WP stamping ( i.e Visa renewal stamp is after visa expire )...

Second- How long did it take for you to get the passports.

Cheers
1. Even if the visa renewal stamp is after the visa expiry date then it does not make any diference as long as the OP applied before the expiry of the visa.

Ksenia
Newly Registered

Post by Ksenia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Hearty congratulations!!

prasang
Newly Registered

Re: ILR covering letter request

Post by prasang » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 pm

singha6 wrote:Congrats Prasang!!!

Can you please provide me with your ILR Covering Letter template. I have to apply in a months time now.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

You wouldnt need a covering letter if you are applying in person.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by prasang on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Congrats!!...
How many days were you out of the UK? did they require any letter from the employer for business visits abroad?

prasang
Newly Registered

Post by prasang » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

sherkhan297 wrote:Congrats!!...
How many days were you out of the UK? did they require any letter from the employer for business visits abroad?
It was about 177 days excluding in/out days. No letter was asked about the same.