ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Achievement in your chosen field-national-level achievements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali_bolbol20

Achievement in your chosen field-national-level achievements

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:16 am

Hi,
in 2 weeks time I'm probably going to be youngest Qualified Oracle 9i Database Administrator(OCP) worldwide or at least in uk !
does this qualify me for some point under HSMP significant achievement / outstanding achievement?

laleh
Newly Registered

Post by laleh » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:18 am

dear ali
as i know to get points for this section u should have 3 docs. as evidences to get all the points.
good luck

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:50 am

As a rule of thumb, it is only significant if people in your field know your name because of the advancement to the field that you came up with.

This does not seem to be a significant achievement to me.
________
Universal Health Warehouse
Last edited by WoodieG on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Achievement in your chosen field-national-level achievem

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:06 pm

lol I share similar opinion with the previous post.
Also, How could you prove it anyway ???
Pantaiema
ali_bolbol20 wrote:Hi,
in 2 weeks time I'm probably going to be youngest Qualified Oracle 9i Database Administrator(OCP) worldwide or at least in uk !
does this qualify me for some point under HSMP significant achievement / outstanding achievement?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Achievement in your chosen field-national-level achievem

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:06 pm

Lol ,
I share similar opinion with the previous post.
Also, How could you prove it anyway ???
Pantaiema
ali_bolbol20 wrote:Hi,

ali_bolbol20

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:22 am

there is another professional qualification from oracle corporation ( oracle university), its called OCM Oracle Certified Master in database administratation its highly advanced and only 150people currently passed it worldwide(may be few people within uk) . does having such qualification while you are on early 20s can be considered as significant achivement ?!

Oracle9i Certified Master (OCM)

There is a third tier to the Oracle9i DBA Certification Track, the OCM. This track is targeted at very senior level DBAs and Oracle consultants. If you have less than 5 years of serious Oracle work experience...and have not spent many hours working with and testing advanced Oracle9i features...don't even consider this Tier as an option. I don't mean to sound negative about this, but let me continue with more on the requirements...and hopefully you'll see what I mean.

The OCM designation first requires that you obtain your Oracle9i OCP credential. Once this is secured, Oracle requires that you take two advanced Oracle courses from Oracle University. These are Instructor-led courses that will cost on average $2,000 each. There are about a dozen different courses to choose from:

http://searchoracle.techtarget.com/orig ... 64,00.html

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:46 pm

My understanding is that to be cosidered as significant acheivement your achievement must be asssed by internatiionally known org. If you just claim it your self without proof that it has been asssesed internationally, your chance is very slim.

A good example for significanr achievement is that
- You own internationally recognised Patent
- You develop a software that is widely used in the world
- You published your work in internationally recognised journal.
- In sport for instance: you are olympic athletes.

Keep in mind, not many succesful HSMP applicants have been awarded point in this category. You need to be very special among the other HSMPs

But we do not know for sure, we will only know if you get your result. Please keep us infom when you decide to claim point in this category and we will learn from your case.

Pantaiema

ali_bolbol20 wrote:there is another professional qualification from oracle corporation ( oracle university), its called OCM Oracle Certified Master in database administratation its highly advanced and only 150people currently passed it worldwide(may be few people within uk) . does having such qualification while you are on early 20s can be considered as significant achivement ?!