ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it legal to work?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

igig
Newly Registered

Is it legal to work?

Post by igig » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:42 pm

My visa (PSW) will be expired on 11 March 2011. I'm not sure if I could get COS on the 4th March's panel. My questions are:

1)If I cannot, my company will still try to help me to get one. Can I send my application without COS?

2)During the time of waiting for the new visa, can I keep on working?

3)Is there any legal rules I can refer to and show it to my HR officer?

4)Is there any way for me to delay my appilcation until new rules work, which is more positive for PSW holders obviously.

5)And if I was refusal, can I get the chance to appeal? Is there any chance to win? I think my manger is happy to go to the court with me to show that I'm doing contribution to the company.

Thanks in advance for any kind help!

keikeichris

Re: Is it legal to work?

Post by keikeichris » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 am

1)If I cannot, my company will still try to help me to get one. Can I send my application without COS?

2)During the time of waiting for the new visa, can I keep on working?

3)Is there any legal rules I can refer to and show it to my HR officer?

4)Is there any way for me to delay my appilcation until new rules work, which is more positive for PSW holders obviously.

5)And if I was refusal, can I get the chance to appeal? Is there any chance to win? I think my manger is happy to go to the court with me to show that I'm doing contribution to the company.

Thanks in advance for any kind help![/quote]

I m in the same situation and mine exp 6th waiting 4th panel. They suggest to send application as your VISA runs out (you are not allow to work as far as I know but better call them up and ask 08706067766)
They suggest to send a covering letter explain your situationa along with your application then when u receives your COS..call the same number but go to options 3 supply your COS number at a later date. COS only valid for 3 months.. keep requesting new COS as much as possible (as there isnt a limit on how many times u can apply)
I think if your VISA expiers then you will get a chance to appeal. but armed with COS for sure !

Appeal has two types: oral or administrative ! depanding on which one they give you !... Hope we will all get thru...
I have one question for u..for the attributes section
PSW gets 30 points only but Shortage occupation gets 50 ...which one do u choose?
Many thx and I hope it helps.. but make sure u call that number and ask...and choose option 4 !

Chris
Question 4 (duno)

igig
Newly Registered

Post by igig » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:22 am

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer. I'm not in the shortagelist. So I will have to apply PSW.

Cheers,

Amanda

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:36 am

igig wrote:Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer. I'm not in the shortagelist. So I will have to apply PSW.

Cheers,

Amanda
What you do mean you will 'have to apply PSW'? If you already have PSW you can't apply for it again or apply to extend it.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

If you make a valid in-time application, then you may continue to work.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:46 am

Greenie wrote:

Cheers,

Amanda
What you do mean you will 'have to apply PSW'? If you already have PSW you can't apply for it again or apply to extend it.
Sorry have just realised you were talking about relying on the PSW points as your job is not on the shortage occupation list.

I agree with Vinny that you can legally work as long as you make a valid in time application. However, if you do not have a CoS allocated to you on the date of your application then I think your application will stand to be refused even if you are subsequently issued the CoS before your application is considered. This is becaue you need to meet the requirements/score the points on the date of the application.

igig
Newly Registered

Post by igig » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 am

Soory, I mean apply tier2 based on PSW:)
Greenie wrote:

Cheers,

Amanda