ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settle visa refusal, basic on unspend sentence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tosin2010
Newly Registered

settle visa refusal, basic on unspend sentence

Post by tosin2010 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi guys my application for settlement visa was refused on the grounds of paragraph 320(11) and 320(one eight), he ECO decision was based on the fact I have a 2 month sentence that was suspend for 12 months that sentence for fraud and that the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974, that i have unspend sentence,that i overstay in uk, work legally and my marriage to my husband was not genuine,I travel to african for my wedding,hoping to return and join my husband, am still in africa, my husband his born british,his house is bought outrightl, Am 10 weeks prangrant, as a good job, i have put in for appeal, I want to know if i have a change or they me to wait till my sentence is been spend. pls reply

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:56 am

There seem to be a lot many other reasons, over and above the unspent conviction, that may have contributed to the refusal.

Please post what the refusal letter states.

regards

Brown212

Re: settle visa refusal, basic on unspend sentence

Post by Brown212 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:42 am

tosin2010 wrote:Hi guys my application for settlement visa was refused on the grounds of paragraph 320(11) and 320(one eight), he ECO decision was based on the fact I have a 2 month sentence that was suspend for 12 months that sentence for fraud and that the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974, that i have unspend sentence,that i overstay in uk, work legally and my marriage to my husband was not genuine,I travel to african for my wedding,hoping to return and join my husband, am still in africa, my husband his born british,his house is bought outrightl, Am 10 weeks prangrant, as a good job, i have put in for appeal, I want to know if i have a change or they me to wait till my sentence is been spend. pls reply
You have just been caught up with doing the right thing.