ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About overstay and PSW visa application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harison
BANNED

About overstay and PSW visa application

Post by Harison » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:08 pm

I will get my transcript on 24th march 2011 but my student visa finishes on 21st march 2011 so can I stay in UK and apply for PSW visa on 24th / 25th march 2011 when I receive my transcript?

And Will my PSW application will be refused or not has I have applied after my student visa finishes?

Please Advice.

Thank you

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:59 pm

apply without your certificate on 20th March.

Once you receive certificate on 24th March, fill out Change of circumstances form and include your degree certificate with it and send it away

That way you will not be termed overstayer!

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Thank you for quick reply but i will receive my degree certificate in july at the time of graduation. I will receive transcript on 24th march. Does with transcript can i apply for PSW visa in the same way as you advising me at the moment to apply?

Where can I find this change of circumstances form and what's it about? Sorry no idea about it ?

taha81

Post by taha81 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 am

Harison....Transcript is NOT a requirement to apply for PSW visa, UKBA never mentioned anywhere as 'Transcript' can be provided as a 'supporting evidence' in any application.

Home office do state that One can apply without providing the Certificate of award.

For further details, read this page thoroughly (I think last 4 lines are extremely useful in your case) :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... stitution/

Hope it helps.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 am

You need to have been awarded your degree on or by the date of your application.

This is not about when you attend graduation or receive your certificate but about when the exam board sits and subsequently writes to you to tell you that you have successfully passed your course.

You need to find out when this is going to happen from your school.

If you are awarded your degree after you make the application then your application will be refused even if you fill in a change of circumstances form and then send the evidence that you have been awarded the degree as you need to show that you meet the rules on the date of the application.

[/b]

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Taha... thank you for the link and advice. I went to my university to ask what kind of help they can provide me and my programme leader said she can write a letter on university letterhead saying that I have pass all my module and I will be awarded formally on 18th march 2011 because examination board take place on 18th march 2011 and then I will given master degree certificate on 21st july 2011 which is graduation date. Is that letter gone be alright for PSW application as evidence ?

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 pm

GReenie...thank you for your advice. The thing is examination board meeting is taking place on 18th march 2011 and I will get transcript on 24th or 25th march 2011 but my visa finishes on 21st march 2011 so how I apply for PSW visa ?

I want to know can I apply for PSW visa by getting any letter from my business school before my student visa run out or should I have to apply after I get my transcript on 24th or 25th march?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Ok so the exam board meets on 18th March. Have they told you what date they are likely to award your degree in the event that you are successful?

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:34 pm

They didn't told me any thing about it but I am guessing as per the talk with the programme leader its gone be the same day 18th march 2011. because on 24th / 25th march when I receive my transcript it gone state on that I give achieve a master.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:46 pm

OK if the exam board is going to award your degree on 18th March then it is fine to apply on or before 21st March (assuming that you are going to be awarded your degree). This is also assuming that the university does award the degree on the same day the board sits (practice may differ at different insitutions), but it is usually the case that they do.

Ask your registry department if they can issue you a post study work letter confirming that you have been awarded your degree on 18th March to send with your application that meets the guidance as set out in the link posted by taha above.

If they are unable to provide you the letter before the exam board has formally written to you then you can submit the letter after you have submitted your application and before you enrol your biometrics. they key is that you must meet the requirements/score the points on the date of the application, so as long as you have been awarded the degree by 21st march (and meet the other requirements etc) then you will be fine. The problem will arise if you are not awarded your degree until after 21st march.

Please note that the transcript and/or the letter from the exam board saying you have been awarded your degree is not sufficient to score the points for the PSW application - you need the letter specified in the policy guidance.

taha81

Post by taha81 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Harison....I think the time-lines you mentioned are really touch n go.

Your Board meeting gonna held on Friday, 18th of March. Your Student Visa expiring on Monday, 21st of March. Transcript award date is not Important here. And your Master's Degree Certificate gonna be awarded on 21st july 2011.

If Board meeting decides that you completed the Masters degree on Friday, 18th of March, then try to get the letter (which clearly shows your name and you have successfully passed your course, start and end date of your course, confirmation that the certificate of the award will be issued and details of the body awarding the qualification) on the same day as its a last day of the week OR pick up the letter on Monday, 21st of March morning and apply for visa 'same day' through 'Recorded delivery' with All the other documents required to obtain PSW visa.

Hope you understand the above mentioned scenario. Wish you all the best.

taha81

Post by taha81 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Oh Greenie...We posted the Reply at exactly same time :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:55 pm

taha81 wrote:Oh Greenie...We posted the Reply at exactly same time :)
yes and with almost exactly the same information... :wink:

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Greenie...

I met my programme leader again and she said I will be awarded master degree on 18th march as I have exam all module. Even I talk to her about Post study work letter then she told me she can't guarantee that she will be able to give post study work letter on or before 21st march 2011 but she will try. And at the moment she did a favour writing a letter to Uk embassy saying

"our exam board that will formally agree his MSc in management and international business award sits on 18th march 2011. He will then be invited to a graduation ceremony on 21st july 2011 to receive his certificate"

she wrote this on university letter head. Is this letter gone be ok or do I need to wait for post study work letter ?

And you saying that I can submitted the document after I sent my application and before i enrol for biometric but how's that possible because when I was doing some research at that time I read some where that they don't wait or ask for any further document and they take the decision with the document what they got ?

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Taha... Thanks for advice I know my condition is like if I get the letter then I am live and If I don't get it then I am die (in trouble).

Whats the letter called which you saying should have my name, course starting and ending, and awarded date.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:50 pm

You have to figure out your date of award. This is not necessarily the date the exam board sits. My exam board, for example, sat on Feb 21st and my date of award was March 1st.

If your school is saying your date of award is March 18th, then you need your letter to reflect that fact. The current letter you have is not sufficient
as it simply says that the board will meet on March 18th; it does not confirm that you have been awarded the degree.

The letter cannot be dated prior to your receiving the award so it looks like you will have to wait and get a letter written on or after the 18th (assuming the 18th is the date of award). For example, my letter shows my date of award as March 1st, and the letter itself is dated March 1st. The letter has to be written on the day of or after being awarded the degree. In essence, it must say you HAVE BEEN awarded the degree, not that you WILL BE awarded the degree on a future date, because that means you have applied prematurely.

Confirm with your uni that the 18th is your date of award. Then get them to write the freakin letter on that day. Beg, plead, cry, cajole. Throw a fit and be demanding. I was, and it worked.

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Jlewisunh ... I am confusion now because this thing is making be crazy now. From my university no one wants to help me and when I ask any question I always get different answer from everyone.

As per the talk I had with my programme leader. she is saying examination board will get place on 18th march and on that day I will treated as master. Now on 24th or 25th march I will get my transcript staying my name and that I got master degree. Now on 21st july 2011 my university is having graduation ceremony so I will be given degree certificate on that day.

When I ask for post study work letter (some people known this letter as visa letter also) which I need for PSW application they told me that they will try to give me on 21 st march 2011 if they get chance because they are busy with examination board and after work .

thanks for the advice how to get letter from them I think now thats only thing left for me to do. I will have to do that next week.

And ya today When I talk to Visa department in my university for the document to attached with the application then they told post study work letter only so I guess this letter gone cover what you saying in the last second paragraph.

taha81

Post by taha81 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Harison wrote:Taha... Thanks for advice I know my condition is like if I get the letter then I am live and If I don't get it then I am die (in trouble).

Whats the letter called which you saying should have my name, course starting and ending, and awarded date.
Its a normal 'PSW visa letter' issued by Uni.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:12 am

Greenie wrote:
taha81 wrote:Oh Greenie...We posted the Reply at exactly same time :)
yes and with almost exactly the same information... :wink:
oh stop it you two, get a room lol

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 am

Taha.. Thank you and do I need to submitted any other document with post study work letter, bank statement and ....?

Is any other document which I need to complete from University ?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 pm

just the PSW letter and your statements

dats all..

all the info would be in the PSW letter what home office is looking for.

Good LUCK

apply before your visa expires, post it with NEXT DAY, and mostly if you pay by postal order they process is quickly(experience, cannot gurantee u)