ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsorship certificate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

james sharma
Newly Registered

sponsorship certificate

Post by james sharma » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi, I 'm currently working as an engineer on a PSW Visa. Mt visa tuns out on 26th OCT 2011. My current job does not come under the shortage occupation list but as i will be working for 6 months for the same company i presume my company does not have to do a resident labour market test.

Secondly, currently my company has not got the sponsorship certificate. In board terms what does my company have to do in order to acquire this . Im am very confused and need a sense of direction. Thank you

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:52 pm

you, applicant, should read material on this website

Code: Select all

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier2/general/
ask your employer to visit this website to get understanding of the system

Code: Select all

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/points/

basically, this is how it works

your employer gets registered.

find a job title from the code of practice and ensure that the salary requirements will be fulfilled

issue you a COS

you apply for tier 2 general visa

and everyone lives happily ever after

james sharma
Newly Registered

Post by james sharma » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:28 pm

THANKS FOR the reply...... do you know a rough timeline for my employer to get the sponsorship letter. From the information i gather they first have to apply online after that is approved they have to app;y again to get a number allocated them.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:39 pm

some people have said here that it takes roughly 3 months for employer to become a sponsor but i personally don't know.

umb

Post by umb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:48 am

yes it usually takes up to 3 months but in case the paperwork is not complete it could take much more. In our case it took 7 months with three attempts to get sponsorship license(due to issues like documents were not verified by solicitor/not signed by proper person etc). So I would advise to start this process as soon as possible as OCT is only 6 months away.

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 pm

james sharma wrote:THANKS FOR the reply...... do you know a rough timeline for my employer to get the sponsorship letter. From the information i gather they first have to apply online after that is approved they have to app;y again to get a number allocated them.
Make sure you read the guidelines and also make sure your boss/company is aware of the process. Once you fill the application form make sure to get original documents (Duplicate docs must be certified by a solicitor) and send it to home office. It takes 3 months to register I'm rite. I have applied a month ago and still waiting.

Hope this helps :D

james sharma
Newly Registered

Post by james sharma » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:35 am

Thanks Guys.... just one more query it says you need to assign various role to different employees of the staff...can a representative and key personnel be the same person or is it only term given to solicitor in case of representative if used.