ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP->Tier 1->applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smaggy123
Newly Registered

HSMP->Tier 1->applying for ILR

Post by smaggy123 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi
I got HSMP in June 2006 and then switched over to Tier 1 in june 2008. It appears that I am elegible to apply for ILR in May 2011.
I was looking at the application form and documents I need to produce. Under section 9- documents--> under 9L it states

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

I am wondering if any one knows what documents they are asking for ? I was on HSMP . I would have thought that the HSMP stamp/ visa in my passoprt is proof enough ?
or is it the letter that they sent me saying that my HSMP application is approved ?
or Do I have to prove to them again that I was eligible for staying on HSMP for that period . How do I do that?

I am confused? Any help would be appreciated please

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:59 am

It will be the letter you Received from HO stating you have been granted the
HsMp as s leave to remain

That's what I think

smaggy123
    Newly Registered

thanks

Post by smaggy123 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:27 pm

thanks for the reply. That is what I thought it may be.
    Is there anyone who has applied recently and has been successful?
    What did you send?
    Any more thoughts people?
    Thanks in advance

Karloss12
    Newly Registered

Post by Karloss12 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm trying to get answers to this exact question.

I interpret it as having to re-prove age, qualification and income for Tier 1 application (Not original HSMP Application).

Age is in Passport and the application form to transfer from HSMP to Tier 1 said not to resend degree certificate so won't bother sending that. So that only leaves income.

I'm looking at re-sending my pay slips and bank statements from my Tier 1 application. It looks like allot of people on this forum have just submitting 5 years of P60's and nothing else.

If you read it carefully it specifically says Tier 1 and not HSMP. When transferring to Tier 1 I only received my passport with a Tier 1 stamp in it. No approval letter. So it has to be talking about income proof.

It specifically says these documents are required for the tier 1 application. Not for the original HSMP application. However I will send the original HSMP approval letter anyway but no HSMP bank statements or pay slips.

How does that sound, anyone agree?

sha1iv

Post by sha1iv » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:02 am

Karloss12 wrote:I'm trying to get answers to this exact question.

I interpret it as having to re-prove age, qualification and income for Tier 1 application (Not original HSMP Application).

Age is in Passport and the application form to transfer from HSMP to Tier 1 said not to resend degree certificate so won't bother sending that. So that only leaves income.

I'm looking at re-sending my pay slips and bank statements from my Tier 1 application. It looks like allot of people on this forum have just submitting 5 years of P60's and nothing else.

If you read it carefully it specifically says Tier 1 and not HSMP. When transferring to Tier 1 I only received my passport with a Tier 1 stamp in it. No approval letter. So it has to be talking about income proof.

It specifically says these documents are required for the tier 1 application. Not for the original HSMP application. However I will send the original HSMP approval letter anyway but no HSMP bank statements or pay slips.

I dont think its quite right....
    For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

It looks like... he is currently in Tier1 ... 9L indicates ..they wanted to see a proof that states that you met relevant requirements ..... for the period before you were granted Tier1... it means his HSMP ..

Hence it should be his HSMP proof letter from Home office tahts stating that he got approved..

jinkazama_11
    Member of Standing

Re: HSMP->Tier 1->applying for ILR

Post by jinkazama_11 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:40 am

smaggy123 wrote:Hi
    I got HSMP in June 2006 and then switched over to Tier 1 in june 2008. It appears that I am elegible to apply for ILR in May 2011.
    I was looking at the application form and documents I need to produce. Under section 9- documents--> under 9L it states

I am wondering if any one knows what documents they are asking for ? I was on HSMP . I would have thought that the HSMP stamp/ visa in my passoprt is proof enough ?
    or is it the letter that they sent me saying that my HSMP application is approved ?
    or Do I have to prove to them again that I was eligible for staying on HSMP for that period . How do I do that?

I am confused? Any help would be appreciated please
    You are covered by HSMP JR (settlement), option 9G is for you. Provide a cover letter if you applying by post. if applying in person then explain the situation to case worker. you dont need LIUK test. For HSMP JR policy document click on the link below.
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -09-policy

Karloss12
    Newly Registered

Post by Karloss12 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:16 pm

sha1iv wrote:
    Karloss12 wrote:I'm trying to get answers to this exact question.

I dont think its quite right....

It looks like... he is currently in Tier1 ... 9L indicates ..they wanted to see a proof that states that you met relevant requirements ..... for the period before you were granted Tier1... it means his HSMP ..

Hence it should be his HSMP proof letter from Home office tahts stating that he got approved..
    You're right, I needed to read it extra carefully. :-)

It appears you need the approval documents for HSMP, Work Permit holder, innovator, composer etc. before you transfered to Tier 1.

I would give the appropriate office a call a few times to make sure of it anyway.

bani

Post by bani » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:29 am

The OP is covered by HSMP Judicial Review (5 years). He needs to fill up 9H.

9L is for Tier 1, not original HSMP. And the question you are all referring to is for people who switched from other categories to Tier 1, like WP. This does not apply to the OP.