ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is 2 days mandatory between LUK test & PEO Appointment?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sha1iv

Is 2 days mandatory between LUK test & PEO Appointment?

Post by sha1iv » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:21 am

Hi gurus ,

I real.y need your advice on my case as I have taken up appointment @ liverpool on 15th Mar 2011.
15th Mar is Tuesday and my wife is taking test on 11th mar that is Frida y.

if we look carefully , there is only one working d ay in between (that is Monday) Friday (LUK test) and Tuesday (15th Appointment ILR) ..

Will it be alright ? or caseworker would say can not process my application because LUK test will take min 2days to reach us .

Please advise..
Appreciate your help in advance..

Thanks
Shiv..

rajivilr

Post by rajivilr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:14 am

Hi,

Yes 2 days are important that is what even people in the test centre will say but you could ask them that if it is 2 working days or 2 days, makes a lot of difference in your case.

Raj

sha1iv

Post by sha1iv » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 am

rajivilr wrote:Hi,

Yes 2 days are important that is what even people in the test centre will say but you could ask them that if it is 2 working days or 2 days, makes a lot of difference in your case.

Raj
Thanks ,

But if I loose my appointment , then I wont get any new appointment in March .
Incase of if we go on same appointment , what would happen worse?
as per guidance ...if the test result is not available on that day on their system.. ( I would not think that system will that many days to receive the result) ..then they can delay decision ..may be a day or couple of days.

is that right what I am thinking ...

Shiv11

rajivilr

Post by rajivilr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 am

I would suggest that senio member reply to this but you can ask your test centre about this, they will be able to tell you, since i gave my exam a few days back only they said you can send it by post whenever you want but atleast 2 days wait for personal appointment but did not specify if it was two working days. Even then you can tell them that your appointment is on tuesday so considering friday and monday to be two days you could be fine but as i said either a senior member can clarify this or ask the test centre for help on this they would know more.

Raj

sha1iv

Post by sha1iv » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 am

rajivilr wrote:I would suggest that senio member reply to this but you can ask your test centre about this, they will be able to tell you, since i gave my exam a few days back only they said you can send it by post whenever you want but atleast 2 days wait for personal appointment but did not specify if it was two working days. Even then you can tell them that your appointment is on tuesday so considering friday and monday to be two days you could be fine but as i said either a senior member can clarify this or ask the test centre for help on this they would know more.

Raj
You are right . Senor member could answer this . I spoke to UK test centre ...0800...some number given in guidance. he said that technically it would be available on their after these many days .. in case of volume ..it could delay . But not as they mentioned 2 days. I checked couple of my friends .. its for their safegaurd..they put 2days .. but it should be available end of each day. that what they say. In the worst case on appointment day... my decision may delay in case result is not availble on their system...thats what guidance says . Atleast they would not refuse my application ..in that case I would loose all my money . In that way I am OK ... I beleive ...

let senior member confirm this..

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 am

Have you got the LIUK Test pass certificates with you. If yes then it should suffice. But then you never know how the case worker deals with it. As for the rebooking the appointment the people working on documents checking counter can book the next available appointment within the week. Happened with me.

sha1iv

Post by sha1iv » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:06 am

hsmp_victory wrote:Have you got the LIUK Test pass certificates with you. If yes then it should suffice. But then you never know how the case worker deals with it. As for the rebooking the appointment the people working on documents checking counter can book the next available appointment within the week. Happened with me.
Thanks for ur reply .

yes I will carry the test result with me . Question is , incase test result is not available on their system on the day on my addpoitment . what would happen ..incase?

As per guidance ...it says that my decison may delay ... thats fine. They can either post it or I can go and collect it on the day they ask me to come.
But my concern is they should not refuse my application .. ( though in guiance they did not mention that they will refuse ....in that case decision on my application may delay) ..

you mentioned that u got an appointment in a week time.. thats really great. Have u faced the same scenario ... did they give any trouble on giving another appointment .

Please advise and confirm

Thanks
Shiv

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:40 pm

I would think that if you have the result in hand it would not really matter. Best to call UKBA, so you do not have to change your appointment.
All the best

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:28 pm

If the caseworker cannot verify the LITUK test result on paper with the UKBA's system for the purpose, the application will be refused - I am sure there is a reason why UKBA asks applicants to wait for 2 working days, otherwise why not let applicants attend a PEO appointment in the afternoon after passing the test in the morning. Everyone has a paper result when they walk out of the examination centre.

If I were you, I would ask myself - Is it worth the risk?

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:40 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If the caseworker cannot verify the LITUK test result on paper with the UKBA's system for the purpose, the application will be refused - I am sure there is a reason why UKBA asks applicants to wait for 2 working days, otherwise why not let applicants attend a PEO appointment in the afternoon after passing the test in the morning. Everyone has a paper result when they walk out of the examination centre.

regards
That would be really harsh!

I think if you have your paper result and they can't verify in their system because of the delay, they will just delay the decision, as they do for any other document they are not sure about, for further checks.

====

sha1iv

Post by sha1iv » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If the caseworker cannot verify the LITUK test result on paper with the UKBA's system for the purpose, the application will be refused - I am sure there is a reason why UKBA asks applicants to wait for 2 working days, otherwise why not let applicants attend a PEO appointment in the afternoon after passing the test in the morning. Everyone has a paper result when they walk out of the examination centre.

regards
Hi thanks for your reply ..and I see the point ...

but i dont see any reason for refusal.. just for the reason of their system not having updated the result .
as per guidance it says that if the result is not available ...that will delay their decison on my application

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Unfortunately, no one but a caseworker can say for sure whether the application will be refused or deferred. Depends on what their internal procedures are, for such a case.

If the guidance says so (decision to be deferred), I am sure that will happen. Or that is what should happen.
sha1iv wrote:as per guidance it says that ...
To save time on looking for it myself, if I may ask, which guidance are you referring to?

regards

sha1iv

Post by sha1iv » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Unfortunately, no one but a caseworker can say for sure whether the application will be refused or deferred. Depends on what their internal procedures are, for such a case.

If the guidance says so (decision to be deferred), I am sure that will happen. Or that is what should happen.
sha1iv wrote:as per guidance it says that ...
To save time on looking for it myself, if I may ask, which guidance are you referring to?

regards
Hi ,

Thanks ...

I referred to \ilr guiance

Thanks