ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding Tier 1 dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spsahu82
Pakistan

Question regarding Tier 1 dependant visa

Post by spsahu82 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi,
Brief about me, I came to UK in Nov 2010 with Tier 1 visa. After struggling for three month, I got permanent job with salary 43000 GBP per annum and joined the new job on 7th February 2011. Now I am planning to apply dependent visa for my wife currently staying in India. I have following few questions:

1.I have done register marriage in Mumbai on June 2010. I have marriage certificate which was issued by Government of Maharashtra. As it’s not arranging marriage, it’s not possible for me to provide any marriage photograph. Will it be a problem?

2.My wife applied for passport before we got married. However she received her passport one month after we got married. Hence my name is not mentioned as spouse in her passport. Also my wife continues her sure name. Do UKBA question on this issue?

3.As I am in UK for less than one year, I should show 1600+800 GBP for three month as maintenance of fund. I don’t have 2400GBP in one account. I am planning to show two different account, one an Indian bank account with fund 138000(1800GBP) and another a UK bank account 800 GBP. Is it mandatory to show fund in one account?

4.Currently I am staying as paying guest. Hence it’s not possible to show any utility bill or tenancy agreement. Do these document are required for dependent visa?

Thanks in advance.

Regds,
Sp

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:16 pm

1.I have done register marriage in Mumbai on June 2010. I have marriage certificate which was issued by Government of Maharashtra. As it’s not arranging marriage, it’s not possible for me to provide any marriage photograph. Will it be a problem?
I believe your marriage certificate would have your and your wifes photo. IN this case you do not need any more photographs.
2.My wife applied for passport before we got married. However she received her passport one month after we got married. Hence my name is not mentioned as spouse in her passport. Also my wife continues her sure name. Do UKBA question on this issue?
It is NOT necessary for you wife to have your name in her passport. The proof that you are married is your marriage certificate.
4.Currently I am staying as paying guest. Hence it’s not possible to show any utility bill or tenancy agreement. Do these document are required for dependent visa?
I "think" you need to show arrangements for accommodation. I am sure you will be making some. You will have to do it before you apply for her visa.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

Per my understanding of the rules, as long as you have sufficient funds, you do not need to show proof of accomodation. The funds signify that you can arange suitable accomodation.

However, a lot of people submit it as they think it will assist the case. So its not mandatory and you should assess if it'll help your case.