ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation for Spouse Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Checkov
Newly Registered

Accomodation for Spouse Visa

Post by Checkov » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:37 pm

Hi All,

I am an HSMP holder in UK since February 2006. I am employed full time.

I am getting married this July and my wife needs to apply for a dependent visa.

All the supportive documentation (bank statements, proof of employment etc.) are perfectly ready.

On the accomodation side:
I am currently a lodger in a house sharing with the landlord himself. My room is a double room with an en-suite bathroom. This is a very big house with plenty of rooms and social space in it plus the communal garden area. I pay him on a monthly basis but this is upon no signed contract/agreement. I can go and ask for a proof of rental from the landlord (a letter, or an offical agreement/contract).

All I want is that me and my wife look for our prospective flat together. Therefore I want her to stay with me in my current accomodation for a month or so, before we move to our own flat.

Do you think my wife's application may be declined due to the lack of inability to provide a full rental contract of a flat only occupied by ourselves?

Cheers
Baran

Checkov
Newly Registered

Any comments?

Post by Checkov » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:38 am

Hi all,

I can still appreciate some advice.

Thanks,
Baran

pabhi
Newly Registered

No, I dont think so

Post by pabhi » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:42 am

I came here last January on my husband's dependent. He is a student in the UK. So the situation is bit different from yours...but, I do not think they can deny it on this basis. Its very common in the UK to share an apartment or house and not rent on your own…Moreover, if you are earning well and show good enough proof of income etc… I don’t think that will be a problem

I wanted to ask a question…I got thru HSMP and going back home for EC.. Could you suggest me list of documents did you supply while getting your HSMP, pls?

cheers

Checkov
Newly Registered

Thanks, and the document list

Post by Checkov » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:44 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the answer it really eased my worries.

As for the documents necessary for HSMP application, it has been a few months since I applied, and I do not have the proper application package list with me now.

I will write in more detail once I get home and review the application, which should be this evening.

Cheers,
Baran