ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration reforms and future of Tier 1 (PSW)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:19 pm

tall_funky wrote:
fibreman wrote:
Only suggestion I would perhaps agree with, is limiting PSW to "non sham" unis, highly trusted ones.
I think PSW is limited to degree's awarded by Unis :D

Some Positive news here:
"
The immigration minister indicated last month that he and Willetts were considering placing time restrictions on post-work study rather than abolishing the scheme.
"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/201 ... l-students
I meant, they have to take care not to have fake colleges used to issue them... and be very careful about which ones do even now, reexamine everything.

Time restrictions, of what kind? Sorry, this is very vague...

Unikid
Newly Registered

Post by Unikid » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:19 pm

fibreman wrote:
tusso wrote:
tall_funky wrote:
tusso wrote:Hey look at this, its the new enquiry:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Playe ... ingId=7788

They talk bout post study work, this points out that they wont close it,
This is the last part of an ongoing enquiry and I agree with tusso that both minister's were in very much favour of PSW, although I'm not sure if PSW can survive in its present form or not?

I don't understand how whitehall guy's can come up with these ill-thought, unfair and un-called for proposals!!
Point by point, these proposals have been defeated and i'm really wondering what more can be done to convince Mr. D Green to see the day light.

Another article in Times Higher Education:
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/s ... 415369&c=1
The new PSW could take many aspects such as restricting it to certain degrees within the sciences and lawyers, but I highly doubt this since this hasnt even been considered nor expressed by anyone in the government and it would discriminate other legitimate degrees...

Time reduction seems like a possibility which I agree with everyone is pretty pointless, and there was another method posted by one of the think tanks which stated that currently there are around 700 institutions into which if u graduate you could get a PSW visa, so a recommendation was to limit PSW to the 116 mainstream UK universities highly trusted sponsor institutions, lets see what happens...

I doubt proposals will now come in April and the minister said he didn't have any concrete dates but didnt he did look very worried and pressured about these negotiations...

I liked how the MPs bashed him cause instead of pushing an all clear policy proposal with the immigration institute it was all rushed, though the longer this takes might help us people graduating this year, fingers crossed!
I don't think anything will happen in april-when laws usually take effect... and over summer, they take a break anyway, lol. Likely, nothing before sept or so... which means that even before announcing TA, us for this year, are most likely OK.

Only suggestion I would perhaps agree with, is limiting PSW to "non sham" unis, highly trusted ones.
No, govt should give us the result ASAP.

I was rejected by 2 hospital job last week due to not sure I had the right to works in UK after June, and, of course, they are not willing to do much complex works including a lot of extra paper works to apply work permit for me. I am very disappointed.

luckylondon

Post by luckylondon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:16 am

guys we had gvn enough time to think and get united....but still we dint did anythng yet ....just to comment

For a while...let suppose if they restrict or reduce time period...wht step we gona take....dnt you thnk we shuld utilized this time to plan ahead..

Bcz later own might possible we dnt have enough time..left

its really time to plan...dnt be sitting in hope tht decision will be in our favour only....it could be either way

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:39 am

they can change what they want and I won't be angry...AS LONG AS THEY DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING BEFORE MARCH 16TH! And they had BETTER not work the law backwards, ie, announce in april that all psw holders, future and those currently on the visa, only get 1 year. they had better make the changes only for those who will apply after the announcement. i want/need my full two years.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:01 pm

they cant force the new rules on those who were given visa under old rules. they can only make changes to effect "new" applications

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:17 pm

jlewisunh wrote:they can change what they want and I won't be angry...AS LONG AS THEY DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING BEFORE MARCH 16TH! And they had BETTER not work the law backwards, ie, announce in april that all psw holders, future and those currently on the visa, only get 1 year. they had better make the changes only for those who will apply after the announcement. i want/need my full two years.
God Bless You!!!!!

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:28 pm

"A controversial scheme that allows foreign graduates to stay in the UK for two years to look for work could be saved in a Coalition climb-down, the universities minister signalled yesterday. "

Since when PSW became "Controversial"??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... saved.html

tusso

Post by tusso » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:32 pm

[quote="tall_funky"]"[b]A controversial scheme that allows foreign graduates to stay in the UK for two years to look for work could be saved in a Coalition climb-down, the universities minister signalled yesterday.[/b] "

Since when PSW became "[b]Controversial[/b]"??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... saved.html[/quote]

Haha let it go, that's the Telegraph writing it, so its bullshit journalism

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:42 pm

tusso wrote:
tall_funky wrote:"A controversial scheme that allows foreign graduates to stay in the UK for two years to look for work could be saved in a Coalition climb-down, the universities minister signalled yesterday. "

Since when PSW became "Controversial"??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... saved.html

Haha let it go, that's the Telegraph writing it, so its bullshit journalism
Fair enough :lol:

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:41 pm

tall_funky wrote:
jlewisunh wrote:they can change what they want and I won't be angry...AS LONG AS THEY DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING BEFORE MARCH 16TH! And they had BETTER not work the law backwards, ie, announce in april that all psw holders, future and those currently on the visa, only get 1 year. they had better make the changes only for those who will apply after the announcement. i want/need my full two years.
God Bless You!!!!!
I don't think it will work backwards, imo... We have an extremely strong case in the court here.

Has anyone tried to contact Penningtons regarding what our situation would be if they tried cutting it to 1 year?

Tall_f, about your post... what kind of time limits? Reduce to 1 year? That's not good news... we want our current visa.

We have to fight until we drop on our knees for this. I've spent a fortune on this, we can't be played out now.

Does anyone think they would make it ineligible to transfer to tier 2? In that case, we'd also be f....

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 am

fibreman wrote:
tall_funky wrote:
God Bless You!!!!!
I don't think it will work backwards, imo... We have an extremely strong case in the court here.

Has anyone tried to contact Penningtons regarding what our situation would be if they tried cutting it to 1 year?

Tall_f, about your post... what kind of time limits? Reduce to 1 year? That's not good news... we want our current visa.

We have to fight until we drop on our knees for this. I've spent a fortune on this, we can't be played out now.

Does anyone think they would make it ineligible to transfer to tier 2? In that case, we'd also be f....
i was thinking of that, too, but i doubt the could do it. all the business schools would protest strongly and i doubt they would limit tier 2 to only business students. they could make it economics based, though...ie, you can only transfer if you make x amount or money. theyve already hinted at the 'graduate level' criteria to be met in the future.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:41 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
fibreman wrote:
tall_funky wrote:
God Bless You!!!!!

i was thinking of that, too, but i doubt the could do it. all the business schools would protest strongly and i doubt they would limit tier 2 to only business students. they could make it economics based, though...ie, you can only transfer if you make x amount or money. theyve already hinted at the 'graduate level' criteria to be met in the future.
Yes, you are right... BUT, even if that was announced, that should affect only those due to get psw sometimes in the future, not us a few months away now... in this case, we have to go to court also.

What you said, though, makes no real sense... to transfer to TIER 2, you need to earn enough anyway in the future job. Code of Practice prescribes certain salary you must meet to even get it, and in any case otherwise it can't be below 20 000. Certain occupations are dropped now.

This move would make no sense, as then, internal applicants would be disadvantaged comapred to external- they need not prove any earnings.

In any case, tier 2 ties you to a job, and you must satisfy some criteria, what sense would it make to impose additional psw criteria? You can't meet tier 2, you simply leave after psw...

IMO, most likely, no real changes before sept now. They aren't going to announce anything in mid July, I guess... For Tier 2, it said all internal applicants get unconditional cos, anyway, so I hope it doesn't change.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:12 pm

we will see. I still am holding my breath, though, as the next 11 days are crucial for me. I apply in 11 days and am paranoid something will be announced unexpectedly very soon...but realistically I doubt it....i'm just too worried to walk around town saying/thinking it's 100% guaranteed that i get to go back to london....

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:00 pm

jlewisunh wrote:we will see. I still am holding my breath, though, as the next 11 days are crucial for me. I apply in 11 days and am paranoid something will be announced unexpectedly very soon...but realistically I doubt it....i'm just too worried to walk around town saying/thinking it's 100% guaranteed that i get to go back to london....
You are through, man, what about the rest of us? :) U have to keep fighting for our cause... relax, don't panic, I don't think anything will happen.

cruxifixo
Newly Registered

Post by cruxifixo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:15 am

jlewisunh wrote:we will see. I still am holding my breath, though, as the next 11 days are crucial for me. I apply in 11 days and am paranoid something will be announced unexpectedly very soon...but realistically I doubt it....i'm just too worried to walk around town saying/thinking it's 100% guaranteed that i get to go back to london....
Man you are just too selfish. Virtually all your post is about me, me and me. You are only concern bout urself. Is better you go and fight the government alone. This should be a collective effort in fighting injustice aganst PSW Visa for ALL those you are eligible and at least already in the d system NOT those who will apply on March 16.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:16 am

Man you are just too selfish. Virtually all your post is about me, me and me. You are only concern bout urself. Is better you go and fight the government alone. This should be a collective effort in fighting injustice aganst PSW Visa for ALL those you are eligible and at least already in the d system NOT those who will apply on March 16.
what do you mean "selfish"????????

ofcourse everyone here is "selfish".the visa is an individual thing. i dont agree with your remarks at all.

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:37 pm

cruxifixo wrote:
Of course I am selfish. I want my visa. We all do. Think of it this way: if you were not able to get PSW, would you honestly continue the fight on the behalf of others? I highly, highly doubt it. You're concerned about it and fighting for it because YOU want YOUR visa. So...I don't see the point of your post.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:31 pm

arsenal49 wrote:
what do you mean "selfish"????????

ofcourse everyone here is "selfish".
Arsenal, I have to disagree with you on this one!!!
Not everyone is "SELFISH", for e.g when you give advise, what is your motive??what "SELFISH" end you pursuing??

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:46 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
cruxifixo wrote:
Of course I am selfish. I want my visa. We all do. Think of it this way: if you were not able to get PSW, would you honestly continue the fight on the behalf of others? I highly, highly doubt it. You're concerned about it and fighting for it because YOU want YOUR visa. So...I don't see the point of your post.
I agree with cruxifixo on this, jlewisunh post's are about ME, ME, ME and apart from that I've not seen a single positive contribution from jlewisunh regarding PSW debate. All he does is talk about himself or he talk's off-topic and to top it all, when jlewisunh was reminded not to talk off-topic last time, he said who cares.

This is a public forum and people must remember that we all come from different tradition/culture and we must respect each other. What might be "selfish" in one part of the world, might not be in another part so when we use public forum, we must be diplomatic and try not to offend fellow member's.

tusso

Post by tusso » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 pm

On a more relevant note, has everyone seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12658309 I knw its nothing special but shows some strong pressures on the gov to not implement their unfair proposals

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Many more Academic's oppose these draconian, unfair and uncalled for changes :)

"Without international students, many university courses, particularly science and engineering courses, may no longer be viable. This will in turn reduce the courses available to UK students.International students bring extensive cultural and political benefits to the UK. When they return to their countries at the end of their studies, they become cultural and economic ambassadors for the UK.At a time of financial austerity, this issue is of immeasurable importance to the UK."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12658309

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2 ... udent-cuts

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:43 pm

tall_funky wrote:
jlewisunh wrote:
cruxifixo wrote:
I agree with cruxifixo on this, jlewisunh post's are about ME, ME, ME and apart from that I've not seen a single positive contribution from jlewisunh regarding PSW debate. All he does is talk about himself or he talk's off-topic and to top it all, when jlewisunh was reminded not to talk off-topic last time, he said who cares.

This is a public forum and people must remember that we all come from different tradition/culture and we must respect each other. What might be "selfish" in one part of the world, might not be in another part so when we use public forum, we must be diplomatic and try not to offend fellow member's.
You haven't seen a single contribution? What do you expect from me? I've stated my opinions in this thread in numerous posts. And I have no idea about the second half of your post. This is the internet. This is a forum/message board. Selfish in one part of the world? Offending people by going off topic? lol... What on earth could you mean.

My point is simple and can be expressed in the form of a question: Tall Funky, why are you here? Why are you fighting for psw? Is it because the system is unfair, or because you want your visa? We're all selfish in this regard. I just state my current situation a lot because I'm bored and anxious. Chill, bro.

gws14l
Newly Registered

Post by gws14l » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Guys..come on!!!

this thread was closed because of so many out of topics discussion here.

If you want to talk outside the topic, just send private message!!!

Seriously guys....

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 pm

gws14l wrote:Guys..come on!!!

this thread was closed because of so many out of topics discussion here.

If you want to talk outside the topic, just send private message!!!

Seriously guys....
I agree... lets not quarrel here... any news or anything? We are all anxious,
understandably, but we have to endure a bit more.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Stay with the topic guys we aren’t writing a letter to mom here. Share links and news which goes in our favour and please stop picking on each other.
N/A