ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could not enter UK before expiry of HSMP visa. Need Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashifmalik
Newly Registered

Could not enter UK before expiry of HSMP visa. Need Advice

Post by kashifmalik » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:13 pm

My visa for HSMP has expired & unfortunately due to very pressing and unavoidable circumstances I could not go to UK. What are the options available? Do I have to re-apply & launch a new application? Or is there any way out of it? Your advice is requested please.
Last edited by kashifmalik on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Need advice

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:04 pm

Dear kashifmalik
You need to mention why are not coming in the UK ?
ALso you should mention where you are living and working now?

THis will help people to unserstand you case and give the appropriate answer.

Pantaiema
kashifmalik wrote:My visa for HSMP has expired & unfortunately due to very pressing and unavoidable circumstances I could not go to UK. What are the options available? Do I have to re-apply & launch a new application? Or is there any way out of it? Your advice is requested please.

kashifmalik
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmalik » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:29 pm

My HSMP visa expird in March this year, unfortunately. I was working in East Timor as an ICT consultant. To be honest, I couldnot leave the job due to my professional & personal commitments with the East Timor government. I sincerely wanted to help this tiny nation, in whatever way I could. I finished my contract in MAY this year. right now i'm in Pakistan. So thats my short story.

Do I need to re-apply from the very start now? or is there any way out that home office consider my previous successful application & issue me the acceptance letter again? Thanks.

kashifmalik
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmalik » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:23 am

help please ???????

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:39 pm

Though I am not an expert here, but my personal suggestion would be to re-apply for HSMP afresh.

I say so because the reasons for not entering UK (while you had the HSMP approval) were personal.

regards

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:43 pm

As mentioned by Sushdmehta. Your reason is personal. Also, how you convince to the caseworker that you could not leave the job due to your professional & personal commitments with the East Timor government.
At the time you apply you already commit that you will make UK as your home.

If most people would think that you should be able to decide this things before you applyied for HSMP rather then after getting approval, very probaly the case worker would also have the same opinion.

But you could apply HSMP as many time as you want.

I do not say whether it is better for you to apply extension or to apply for new HSMP. This thing you have to decide your self. Please do not take my word. You have to try it to know the result.

Whatever you decide make clear in your appication that this time you really commit to make UK as your home.

Pantaiema

kashifmalik wrote:My HSMP visa expird in March this year, unfortunately. I was working in East Timor as an ICT consultant. To be honest, I couldnot leave the job due to my professional & personal commitments with the East Timor government. I sincerely wanted to help this tiny nation, in whatever way I could. I finished my contract in MAY this year. right now i'm in Pakistan. So thats my short story.

Do I need to re-apply from the very start now? or is there any way out that home office consider my previous successful application & issue me the acceptance letter again? Thanks.