ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 General Approved - Lessons Learnt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vgneshm
Newly Registered

Tier-1 General Approved - Lessons Learnt

Post by vgneshm » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:20 am

Folks - I received my Tier-1 approval on Thursday (03/Mar). This forum was helpful to me in many ways. I thought of sharing some of the lessons learnt that may be useful to others.

1. Self explanatory covering letter with clarifications to all ambiguities in application
2. Documentation can be intensive, hence arranging them in a sensible order helps
3. Criminal convictions - mention everything including traffic violations... Yes, parking ticket is also a traffic violation. Send all relevant documents related to conviction. I sent my original License counterpart to show the endorsements. Sounds a bit too much, but it actually helps
4. Double check the accuracy of bank statements. I know of a case where one transaction was not printed due to bank's software error and the case got rejected
5. I had opted to receive the documents through normal post. The documents arrived in a post envelope that was damaged badly on one side. Thankfully, the original documents inside were not damaged. For god-sake, please enclose a return envelope (of good quality) with tracking facility.
6. Give ample time for application processing. In my case, the Case officer requested for few additional documents. This increased the overall time span by another 2.5 weeks.

Will update this post if I remember anything more.

veedal1234

Re: Tier-1 General Approved - Lessons Learnt

Post by veedal1234 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 am

vgneshm wrote:Folks - I received my Tier-1 approval on Thursday (03/Mar). This forum was helpful to me in many ways. I thought of sharing some of the lessons learnt that may be useful to others.

1. Self explanatory covering letter with clarifications to all ambiguities in application
2. Documentation can be intensive, hence arranging them in a sensible order helps
3. Criminal convictions - mention everything including traffic violations... Yes, parking ticket is also a traffic violation. Send all relevant documents related to conviction. I sent my original License counterpart to show the endorsements. Sounds a bit too much, but it actually helps
4. Double check the accuracy of bank statements. I know of a case where one transaction was not printed due to bank's software error and the case got rejected
5. I had opted to receive the documents through normal post. The documents arrived in a post envelope that was damaged badly on one side. Thankfully, the original documents inside were not damaged. For god-sake, please enclose a return envelope (of good quality) with tracking facility.
6. Give ample time for application processing. In my case, the Case officer requested for few additional documents. This increased the overall time span by another 2.5 weeks.

Will update this post if I remember anything more.

Any reason you opted to receive your passport through normal post ? Awfully brave of you !!

vgneshm
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1 General Approved - Lessons Learnt

Post by vgneshm » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:51 am

Oversight ??
I was in a hurry to complete the form and somehow I missed it.