ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried Applicant ILR Set (o)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frichie79
Newly Registered

Worried Applicant ILR Set (o)

Post by frichie79 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:09 am

Hi all, glad I found this website, having just spoken to the Border Agency and given the '95% of all applications are processed within 6-9 months'

I submitted by Set (o) form on 7 Feb 2011, and received the acknowledgement letter 15 Feb 2011

I have looked at the processing times thread and it appears some people are getting theirs in 4-6 weeks....So I am hoping I get approval quite soon.

Having been with my employer for 5years I have already started looking for a new job and might even have a job offer in the next week or so.

Does anyone know if there is anything preventing me from taking new employment while my ILR application is still pending?

Damn, I should have paid for the premium service :(

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:11 am

there is nothing to stop you taking new employment but you will pobably find it very hard to secure new/permanent employment when your leave in the UK is not certain.

frichie79
Newly Registered

Post by frichie79 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:23 am

Thank you for the comment Greenie

well, there should be no reason that my ILR is refused since I have validly worked under a work permit for 5 years, my only real concern is the letter that my employer issued, which only confirmed my start date and that my current status was ACTIVE (silly HR services red tape) ie, did not confirm that my employment was continuing.

Other than that I can think of no other reason for a hold up, but if I resign it may be difficult to get a corrected letter from HR...this is all overly complicated.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 am

frichie79 wrote:Thank you for the comment Greenie

well, there should be no reason that my ILR is refused since I have validly worked under a work permit for 5 years, my only real concern is the letter that my employer issued, which only confirmed my start date and that my current status was ACTIVE (silly HR services red tape) ie, did not confirm that my employment was continuing.

Other than that I can think of no other reason for a hold up, but if I resign it may be difficult to get a corrected letter from HR...this is all overly complicated.
Question is that how will your new employer satsify themselves that you have valid visa to work in UK WITHOUT seeing original passport and visa? Employers have legal obligation to do these checks and failure can cause trouble for them.

If you find a new job and both you and company are desperate for you to join then negotiate with the new company. Tell them you can withdraw your current applicaiton and then submit new one in person. You will lose original fee so ask them to pay for premium service.

frichie79
Newly Registered

Post by frichie79 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:54 am

That is a good suggestion XYZ, as it is I was thinking of w/d my application now, but then looked at booking an appointment until I saw that you have to go in person before your visa expires (mine expired 23 Feb) so my work permit is currently extended till a decision is taken.

The one thing going for me, is that I will have a 3 month notice period, which should give sufficient time for the visa to issue and my new employer to be satisfied before commencing the new work...

I really didnt think this would be so stressful!