ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help HSMP Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolraju97
Newly Registered

Please help HSMP Query

Post by coolraju97 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:27 am

Hi,

My name is rajeev and I am a delhite. I am a software professional and have 3 yrs experience in software industry.

I had done my graduation in B.Sc(Gr A) and then did my Post Graduation in M.C.M. tat is in computers.

I have heard that u need 2 years experience with a gaduate level job but in my B.Sc(Bachelo in Science) there was no computers subject so will this create a problem because I have checked the points :

Less Than 28 : 5
Married : 10
2 yrs Exp : 25
Post Graduate Done : 25

So ths add up and make me elligible but my concern is will it will create a problem or should I try for something else as I want to come to uk for Job prospectus.

Please reply and thanks in advance.

Thanks
Rajeev Mathur

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:07 pm

Rajeev,

First, you will need to make sure if your PG qualification is equivalent to a British masters. You can get this done through NARIC (http://www.naric.org.uk) and it will cost you about 30-40 GBP. Once, it is established that your PG qualification is equivalent to a British masters degree, you will know for sure if you can get 25 points or not.

Regarding work experience, in order to get the necessary 25 points you will have to prove that you have been working at a "graduate level" position i.e. - your job / responsibilities require a minimum graduate level qualification. In the entire HSMP evaluation process, this is perhaps the only one are where people ar unable to score as per their expectations. And it essentially comes down to the reference letters from your employers. If it can be made clear in the reference letter(s) that you are at a position where a graduate level qualification is a mandatory requirement, you should be okay.

Hope this helps !!

regards

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:49 pm

It is highly unlikley( that PG qualifiction is the same level with Master's degree. This also apply to people who get PG qualification from the UK universities.

Pantaiema

sushdmehta wrote:Rajeev,

First, you will need to make sure if your PG qualification is equivalent to a British masters. You can get this done through NARIC (http://www.naric.org.uk) and it will cost you about 30-40 GBP. Once, it is established that your PG qualification is equivalent to a British masters degree, you will know for sure if you can get 25 points or not.

Regarding work experience, in order to get the necessary 25 points you will have to prove that you have been working at a "graduate level" position i.e. - your job / responsibilities require a minimum graduate level qualification. In the entire HSMP evaluation process, this is perhaps the only one are where people ar unable to score as per their expectations. And it essentially comes down to the reference letters from your employers. If it can be made clear in the reference letter(s) that you are at a position where a graduate level qualification is a mandatory requirement, you should be okay.

Hope this helps !!

regards

coolraju97
Newly Registered

HSMP Query

Post by coolraju97 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your instant reply.There is a small question about the software industry in UK. I am having exp in ASP,Sql Server 2000,JavaScript,HTML,VBScipt.

Will this help me in finding a job.

Thanks
Rajeev

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Query

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:13 pm

Dear coolraju97

IT is not considered as "shortage occupation i the UK. It means there are already enough people in the UK who could fill the job vacancy(demand=supply).

But like in any other job your chance also depends on your "luck". Networking is another factor (Not what you know But WHo you know) that is what they say.

I will suggest, try to look the job in global website such as Monster. You could also try your luck by speculative application directly to companies.
By tryinh this you will get the asnwer of your questions.

Pantaiema

coolraju97 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your instant reply.There is a small question about the software industry in UK. I am having exp in ASP,Sql Server 2000,JavaScript,HTML,VBScipt.

Will this help me in finding a job.

Thanks
Rajeev