ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unmarried visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

machachari
Newly Registered

unmarried visa

Post by machachari » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:08 am

hi am british citizen and my partner is from kenya and we have one child , my partner was here illegally in uk, he decided to go back to kenya, can now he apply for unmarried spouse visa? will he have problems in that

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:01 am

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mk2010
Newly Registered

Post by Mk2010 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Things are getting tougher nowaday.
But nothing is impossible, get a good solicitor to start with.

Also read this ...
Do the right thing

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:20 pm

See also advice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

machachari
Newly Registered

Post by machachari » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:42 pm

from what i have read it seems it might take like one year before i join my partner, what about my partner moves to eu country and i try eu route?

mteja
United Kingdom

Post by mteja » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

@Machachari

I myself was in similar situation a few years back. I went with my fiance at that time and we got married and came back. But having said that Immigration have changed alot, but am sure there is a way out. Just see what expats in the board will advise you on that.

Good luck!
togetherness as one

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:14 pm

machachari wrote:from what i have read it seems it might take like one year before i join my partner, what about my partner moves to eu country and i try eu route?
why do you think it will take a year?

How long have you and your partner been in a relationship for and how long have you been living together for?

machachari
Newly Registered

Post by machachari » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:29 pm

i thought the time the will refuse because i was in uk illegally and then appealing it will take almost one year because they might use paragraph 320. again i have been together for 5 year and blessed with two children.