ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after 6 years of exercising treaty rights

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sasim
Newly Registered

Naturalisation after 6 years of exercising treaty rights

Post by sasim » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:58 am

hello
I just got my PR in feb 2011 but...
I got married in july 2004 and give divorce in november 2010
I applied for PR very late after my divorce(30 nov 2010)

Can I apply for british citizenship/naturalisation now on the basis of 6 YEARS OF EXERCISING TReATY RIGHTS?although I am divorced?and my PR issue date is feb 2011??

MY MARRIAGE LASTS 6 and half years and I've got all the evidence to proove it like my wife's AND MINE 6 years P60'S,utility bills,statements etc.

hopefully you guyz will give me some good advices.
Thanks

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:27 pm

This is what I believe based on what I've read, seen/heard from others experience.

Since you've got your pr, you can apply for British citizenship regardless of whether you're still married or not. Although I reckon you can only apply for British citizenship after a year from when pr was issued.

Hope this helps.
[Moderator Edit]

sasim
Newly Registered

Post by sasim » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:07 am

thanks sjimoh
i have a same understanding but few ppl advice me to go a head for naturalisation b/c they got bc AFTER 6 YEARS OF MARRIAGE without PR.
so i thought may be i should listen to some other ppl who already applied or use this way.

abdallah16
Newly Registered

ok

Post by abdallah16 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:48 am

i am same situation i been married from dec 2003 to april 2010 and i get my pr in july 2010 in going ahead soon