ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ms-Khan
Newly Registered

Re: UK FAMILY VISIT VISA 6 months

Post by Ms-Khan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:42 am

shahzad80 wrote:Hi

Can someone suggest how to prepare bundle and index for appeal.

Shahzad
Hi Shazad,
I would strongly suggest you get a legal rep to do the bundle and represent you. I recently went through the sane situation with a visa for my husband and I know that if I wasn't legally represented it would not have worked out in my favour especially if someone from the homeoffice is there.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: UK FAMILY VISIT VISA 6 months

Post by shahzad80 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:59 am

Ms-Khan wrote:
shahzad80 wrote:Hi

Can someone suggest how to prepare bundle and index for appeal.

Shahzad
Hi Shazad,
I would strongly suggest you get a legal rep to do the bundle and represent you. I recently went through the sane situation with a visa for my husband and I know that if I wasn't legally represented it would not have worked out in my favour especially if someone from the homeoffice is there.
Thanks mate.I belive the same but problem is in my first refusal there are so may baseless reasons,I am not confident that even with legal presentation I can win this,so what the point wasting rs.I lakh where you are not confident to win.So i clicked paper appeal and going to prepare myself bundle and these stuf.

Other issue is I made a fresh application myself and this was refused as well but only and two objections: accommodation and maintenance.I am confident that I can win this.

I am think of third application after addressing accommodation issues.

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:29 pm

hi guys,

Just update on my case today evening i received SMS "Your application is ready for collection
please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application"
Mashallah they are very quick tomorrow Inshallah i will go for collection.
plz pray for me thanks.

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010
Lodged appeal = 05/11/2010
Received notice of pending appeal = 04/12/2010
Received call letter = 09/02/2011 (decision should be reviewed)
Re submitted passport = 18/02/2011
Collected with Visa = 03/03/2011

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Ali-jaan wrote:hi guys,

Just update on my case today evening i received SMS "Your application is ready for collection
please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application"
Mashallah they are very quick tomorrow Inshallah i will go for collection.
plz pray for me thanks.

Regards,
@li
Many congratulation on getting the Visa finally! Can I ask you where did you send your notice of appeal was it Croydon or Abu Dhabi? Thank you

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:38 am

shahzad80 wrote:
Mesam6 wrote:Hi Shahzad,

Isn't your lawyer preparing the bundle for the appeal ?

Regards,
Mesam.
No I dont have lawyer unfortunately. :roll:

Shahzad
Bro, get a lawyer. It will make a world of a difference as that will ensure you have someboady to argue your case to the judge. Otherwise, just number and index the documents in a systematic manner and include an index detailing which documents are present and in what order. Furthermore, if you refer to any document in your appeal letter, refer to their page or section number as per the index.

Regards,
Mesam.

Regards,
Mesam.

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Spouse Settlement Case

Post by Ali-jaan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Salam to allz,

guys today update:
i collected my passport today with 27 months Spouse Visa Stamped :lol: yahOoOO :lol: :lol: :lol:
i still cant believe they returned my passport just after 9 working days wao its really amazing.

"Thanks God tusin Great hoooooooo"

here is my Spouse Settlement Case story:

Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010
Lodged appeal = 05/11/2010 (by Solicitor in UK)
Ready 4 collection = 03/03/2011
Collected with 27 months Spouse Visa Stamped :lol: = 03/03/2011

Regards,
@li
Last edited by Ali-jaan on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Manno1 wrote: Many congratulation on getting the Visa finally! Can I ask you where did you send your notice of appeal was it Croydon or Abu Dhabi? Thank you

Thanks alot Manno1,

My solicitor submitted appeal papers to Croydon UK.

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

cyber_warez

Post by cyber_warez » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:53 pm

congrats

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Spouse Settlement Case

Post by Ali-jaan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:06 pm

doll8288 wrote:Congrats ali very happy for you. We still havent got ours yet, im getting even more worried. Has your status changed on the status website. And also wat date did u put for intended date of travel?
hi Doll,

Many thanks dear please don't worry just wait sum more days Inshallah u will hear very soon sum thing. my status didn't changed it was same Application forwarded to Isb OC but yesterday its suddenly changed to ready for collection. u know what? i didn't wrote any intend date of travel when i re submitted my passport coz the lady behind the desk asked me did u book the ticket to go UK i smiled n said without visa how i book the ticket lolsss she also smiled and said okay thats it. so she never asked me to write the intend date of travel. and other thing i re submitted my passport in Islamabad.

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Re: Spouse Settlement Case

Post by Ali-jaan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:21 pm

tasawar wrote: AOA786

Ali bohat bohat mubarak brother and please dua for rest of us and also please tell us what is the visa stamping date on visa sticker on passport?

Jazak Allah khair.

W.Salam dear Tasawar,

Thanks alotttt brother dont worry plz u all guys alwayz in my dua's. u know what? i didn't wrote any intend date of travel when i re submitted my passport coz the lady behind the desk asked me did u book the ticket to go UK i smiled n said without visa how i book the ticket lolsss she also smiled and said okay thats it. so she never asked me to write the intend date of travel. and other thing i re submitted my passport in Islamabad. the date of visa stamping is 24/02/2011.

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

doll8288
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Settlement Case

Post by doll8288 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:04 pm

[/quote]

hi Doll,

Many thanks dear please don't worry just wait sum more days Inshallah u will hear very soon sum thing. my status didn't changed it was same Application forwarded to Isb OC but yesterday its suddenly changed to ready for collection. u know what? i didn't wrote any intend date of travel when i re submitted my passport coz the lady behind the desk asked me did u book the ticket to go UK i smiled n said without visa how i book the ticket lolsss she also smiled and said okay thats it. so she never asked me to write the intend date of travel. and other thing i re submitted my passport in Islamabad.

Regards,
@li[/quote]

hi ali yes inshallah, our status changed yesterday it said application is under process at the british high commision. before it said application forwarded to islamabad oc. well all i can do is wait and see. u must be very happy, all the best to u

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Dear All,

I wanted if somebody could share their experience of appeal case at Abu Dhabi Embassy. I have seen that people who submitted their applications at Croydon got the response very quickly. My documents were received by them on 24/01/2011 and I have received nothing. Although when I inquired about my case through an email on 15/02/2011 they replied to my email saying that they have received my notice of appeal and they will process the appeal case now and I have to see if they review their decision or it goes to the court.

Your experience in the similar situation would help to understand their time lines. Thank you!

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Manno1 wrote:Dear All,

I wanted if somebody could share their experience of appeal case at Abu Dhabi Embassy. I have seen that people who submitted their applications at Croydon got the response very quickly. My documents were received by them on 24/01/2011 and I have received nothing. Although when I inquired about my case through an email on 15/02/2011 they replied to my email saying that they have received my notice of appeal and they will process the appeal case now and I have to see if they review their decision or it goes to the court.

Your experience in the similar situation would help to understand their time lines. Thank you!
I have the same frustrations Manno. My wife's spouse application was refused at the end of December. Her appeal was submitted on 11th January 2011 (I think to Croydon) and we have heard nothing since, except that they have received the form. They need to have their documents by 10th June.

The whole system makes me fume :x I really do not understand what right they have to separate me from my wife when they are supposed to be acting on behalf of UK citizens - me!! For £750 they do not give a 'service' - in my opinion it is just a way of raking in money and slowing down immigration on the quiet. It is a complete con. I do not believe that they have any understanding of the anguish and upset that their decisions cause.

Elsewhere on this site somebody advised that it takes anything from 2-6 months for a review to be made.....arghhhhhhh!!!

Hope this helps.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:44 pm

IndyRhodes wrote:
Manno1 wrote:Dear All,

I have the same frustrations Manno. My wife's spouse application was refused at the end of December. Her appeal was submitted on 11th January 2011 (I think to Croydon) and we have heard nothing since, except that they have received the form. They need to have their documents by 10th June.

The whole system makes me fume :x I really do not understand what right they have to separate me from my wife when they are supposed to be acting on behalf of UK citizens - me!! For £750 they do not give a 'service' - in my opinion it is just a way of raking in money and slowing down immigration on the quiet. It is a complete con. I do not believe that they have any understanding of the anguish and upset that their decisions cause.

Elsewhere on this site somebody advised that it takes anything from 2-6 months for a review to be made.....arghhhhhhh!!!

Hope this helps.
That is really depressing at the end of the day. I do not understand why some people get response quickly and some are kept on hold for ages. I hope we shall hear something soon InshALLAH

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:50 pm

zehncars wrote:Hi everybody , I need urgent advice , my wife is coming on Monday and would like to know any specific question they will ask at Lahore or Glasgow airport? Please let me know asap thanks zehn
There are answers to this question in spouse visa paskitand thread.

Normally not much questions,simple is yours husband outside airport,are you coming first time.any there anything drugs in yours bag:lol: :lol:

Has anbody alerted yours bag?
some idiots ask me once on Heathero airport.

Ask her dont confuse and smile while answering,dont angry or dont give upset expressions.

Shahzad :lol:
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:36 pm

zehncars wrote:Hi everybody , I need urgent advice , my wife is coming on Monday and would like to know any specific question they will ask at Lahore or Glasgow airport? Please let me know asap thanks zehn
Not sure if you're going to read this but a few questions I picked up in this forum, that they may ask your wife at the airport:

1. Something along the lines of reason for coming to the UK?
2. What is your husband's name, date of birth and job title?
3. How long have you two been married?
4. What is your address in the UK?

It may be a possibility that they may call your house phone or mobile to ask you whether you know the person they are "interviewing".

^^ All potential questions at UK airport, in your case Glasgow airport. Just make sure your wife has your home address with her and your house landline number also (in case she doesn't have either of them).

@IndyRhodes, couldn't agree with you more. The way how they take money and take time to process simple applications is really annoying. For what its worth, there is a survey going on in UKBA website, so worth you taking part in that as one of the questions ask about whether the speed of decision making is important or not. I've already filled it in so hope they act on the answers provided.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

zehncars

Post by zehncars » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Aoa everybody I piked my wife up today and thank god everyhtin went well, the question which she was asked

First time in uk?
Husband traveling with you?
Husband waiting outside?
How long you been married?
When did you get married (date)?

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:25 am

IndyRhodes wrote:Congratulations Ali-Jaan!! :D

@shadow: many thanks for your support. Thanks also for the "heads up" about the UKBA survey... I made my selection for the speed of service, together with some choice comments in the "Your comments are valuable to us..." section at the end.

For the record, I commented upon the speed of the process (lack of), the useless tracking system, the discrimination against Pakistani applicants, the extortionate fee that bears no relation to the cost and the lack of empathy for spouse visa applicants who are separated from their loved ones for months on end.
Damn!! They had a your comments section? I missed it! Would have loved to enter my own personal feedback in there.

They should give appeal cases some priority, just because we don't pay for it doesn't mean they can take their time.

I can only say that we all try find some time burning stuff to do. I'm playing a lot of games lately and watching movies to burn the time so much and am volunteering also just to kill the time AND grab some experience at the same time or enhance my experience.

Noting down how many weeks have gone past since I received a "Notice to Sponsor" on a calendar also helps to some extent, it gives me a sense of hope that the following week will inshallah bring some news and if it doesn't then no problem, the week after will and so on so forth.

I was wondering, can the UKBA not be competed against? That would be sooooooo awesome!!! Then them fools will be doing their best to keep applicants flowing in, whilst new competitors will offer faster visa processing service and for a fraction of the cost. Then again the implications on immigration this could impose is quite worrying (a lot of successful applications of which some may be unwelcomed).

Btw Indy, you appealed on 11th Jan, is that Croydon or Loughborough? If Croydon then have you received any feedback yet?

@ Zehncars, thanks so much for those questions, i've added them to my list of potential questions :D. Have a wonderful married life, all the best to you :).
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 am

AOA786

Hello everybody.

Please tell me what that means becouse i send email to UKHUB about to know the status of my passport becouse i resubmitted my passport with calling letter on 24 Feb 2011 for visa process and yesterday i email them to ask the status and they reply this below,

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email of 7th march 2011 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiry Desk 8

please comment on that thanks.

Jazak allah khair.

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:41 am

tasawar wrote:AOA786

Hello everybody.

Please tell me what that means becouse i send email to UKHUB about to know the status of my passport becouse i resubmitted my passport with calling letter on 24 Feb 2011 for visa process and yesterday i email them to ask the status and they reply this below,

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email of 7th march 2011 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiry Desk 8

please comment on that thanks.

Jazak allah khair.

Bro just wait some more days im sure u will hear sumthing this week Gud luck.

Regards,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 pm

AOA786

Thanks bro but please clear one thing that when we resubmitted the passport with Calling letter after that they still do need to do further checks? or what is the process like as they reply me application has been proceed that mean they stamped the visa or they will stamp it later ?

Jazak Allah khair.

doll8288
Newly Registered

Post by doll8288 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi tasawar can you give me the email address that u got reply from. I have been waiting for my husband passprt we submites on 18th thanka

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:45 pm

doll8288 wrote:Hi tasawar can you give me the email address that u got reply from. I have been waiting for my husband passprt we submites on 18th thanka
AOA786

I send email to both email id,s and reply receivd from
(visa.abudh​abi@fco.gov​.uk) this email id ok.

send email to both below .
UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
visa.abudh​abi@fco.gov​.uk

Jazak Allah khair.

Ali-jaan
- thin ice -

Post by Ali-jaan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:05 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

Thanks bro but please clear one thing that when we resubmitted the passport with Calling letter after that they still do need to do further checks? or what is the process like as they reply me application has been proceed that mean they stamped the visa or they will stamp it later ?

Jazak Allah khair.
I don't think so bro they need to do further checks according to my experience they done everything b4 sending the call letter.
your application has been proceed that means they stamped the visa and ur passport in que to Gerry.
so don't worry im sure everything will be Okay.

Regard,
@li
Applied = 05/08/2010
Refused = 05/11/2010

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:57 pm

@shadow86

Yes...sorry you missed the Comments section... :wink: you could always go back and fill it in again, adding some choice comments! These people need to be told again and again about the injustice of their work. If enough genuine people complain (preferably to politicians as they are the ones who set up the system, and the only ones who have the power and influence to change it) the better. Competition - great idea - chase the politicians.

Keep busy - good advice.

I think my wife's appeal went to Croydon - my solicitor sent it...the refusal was made from Croydon anyway. BTW - what is a 'Notice to Sponsor'? I am not sure that I have been sent one of these. Should I have been? Perhaps I will get one soon - what does it tell you?

@zehncars - congratulations :)