ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO wouldn't tell me my visa progress

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gob00st

HO wouldn't tell me my visa progress

Post by Gob00st » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi everyone ,

This is my timeline for Tier1 extention:

1. Current visa : Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): April 10, 2011
3. Date application posted: Jan 21, 2011
4. Date payment debited: 24 Jan , 2011
5. Payment mode: Bank Account Credit Card
6. Acknowledgement received: 02/02/2011(dated 25/01/2011)
7. Biometric letter received :04/02/2011(dated 01/02/2011), enrolled 07/02 at Post Office
8. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <>
9. Date passport received: <>.
10. Date biometric card received: <>.

But it seems to be most ppl at this forum who posted at the same time (or even late ) than me have got their passport back.

I have called HO three times today, but they wouldn't let me know the progress at all.

They didn't even bother to ask my ref number as they all say I am not after 14 weeks of biometric check , so they cannot tell me my progress.

Any suggestion ? Any other idea how to get the progress from HO ?

Many many thanks
Gob00st

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: HO wouldn't tell me my visa progress

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:15 pm

Gob00st wrote:But it seems to be most ppl at this forum who posted at the same time (or even late ) than me have got their passport back.
So? Every application is assessed based on its merit and may take more time to decide than it takes for others. Also, UKBA makes no promise of assessment of applications on "first in first out" basis.
Gob00st wrote:I have called HO three times today, but they wouldn't let me know the progress at all.

They didn't even bother to ask my ref number as they all say I am not after 14 weeks of biometric check , so they cannot tell me my progress.
They will not provide any update for 14 weeks, and perhaps even after that may refuse to provide an update. Why? To put it bluntly, because they are under no such obligation and there is no law to state that they should / must.

Wait patiently for 14 weeks and then enquire. If they refuse time and again even then, consider complaining (but don't expect anything, to be honest). Some people may suggest that you get your MP involved after 14 weeks - which you may wish to do at that time, if you think that may help.

regards