ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish National naturalisation timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Spouse of Irish National naturalisation timeframe

Post by kiwiwife » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi,

I applied last month for naturalisation on the basis of marriage to an Irish national. I received my reference number in the last week of February (it ONLY took them 3 working days to respond!). In this letter it said that the average timeframe for processing was 26 months, and from the looks of it, plenty of people here have been waiting for longer than this for an answer. However, in the spreadsheet set up, it appears that some people are now getting approvals much quicker than this, particularly if they are minors, refugees, and, more recently, spouses of Irish citizens (although I do see that some who applied earlier are still waiting in some time).

I'm wondering if anyone here has applied in the last year or so and got an answer out of them?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Hubbie applied as spouse of Irish citizen Nov 2009 and also received a very swift response with Case ID. Since then nothing though .... We called a week ago and were told the file was with the Gardai. I know plenty of others on this forum have been pawned off with that status for months/year so I don't know if it means anything or not.

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks very much for your response.
I hope your husband receives a positive response shortly. I'm personally expecting a bit of a wait myself, but was just wondering if it was indeed true that they've sped up the processing of some applications a bit.
We can only live in hope I guess!

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 pm

kiwiwife wrote:Thanks very much for your response.
I hope your husband receives a positive response shortly. I'm personally expecting a bit of a wait myself, but was just wondering if it was indeed true that they've sped up the processing of some applications a bit.
We can only live in hope I guess!
I also applied as a spouse of an irish national. That was in Dec-09. Sent them a letter informing them of change of address recently. I also asked about the status of my application..answer: file has been sent to department..I was under the impression that spouses get fast-tracked, but there is no evidence of that happening right now. Hopefully things will change soon...fingers and toes crossed :lol: