ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To Sweden, From U.S., by marriage?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ayasocks
Newly Registered

To Sweden, From U.S., by marriage?

Post by Ayasocks » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 am

I've looked around and I can't find something in particular.

Now, I know migrating to the U.S. by marriage, you must meet the person you wish to marry, wait two years for a... document. (My brain atm.), then once he/she arrives in America, you must marry them within three months.

Now, my question is, does Sweden have a law like this? I can't find any information regarding marrying a Swedish citizen and living with him.

Thank you in advance. Also anything you want to add (to make paperwork less confusing or anything) would be appreciated.

Traveler33
Newly Registered

Post by Traveler33 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Don't know about Sweden but most countries have wised up to the marriage scam so they will look closely at the situation. If this is a real marriage you have nothing to worry about, if a scam where you barely know the other person, you will likely be discovered.

Generally marrying a national results in a shortened residence period, though it could result in immediate citizenship (I don't know the specifics for Sweden.)

Iko
Newly Registered

Post by Iko » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

I am a Swedish citizen. There are no special visas or permits for foreigners intending to marry a Swedish citizen. If you don't need a visa to go to Sweden as a tourist, you can just go there but bring documentation to prove that you are not married already. Documents in English are OK.