ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for Naturalisation certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adura

Post by adura » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:16 am

Finally got the awaited letter from the passport office..
These are the things they requested for:

1.Household bill showing my name
2.Form of identification,Driver's licence,work ID OR Int'l passport
3.Long form birth certificate certified by your own embassy>>
4.Another two sets of passport photographs

will keep you posted as i get on........
God makes all things beautiful

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Interesting how 'rules' governing these things seem to change by the day... I am thankful I didnt have to go and 'attest' my birth cert in the embassy of my country of birth, the people there are not the nicest... :wink:
Last edited by AShawna on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:06 pm

adura wrote:Finally got the awaited letter from the passport office..
These are the things they requested for:

1.Household bill showing my name
2.Form of identification,Driver's licence,work ID OR Int'l passport
3.Long form birth certificate certified by your own embassy>>
4.Another two sets of passport photographs

will keep you posted as i get on........
Well just give them what they need and get your passport. It couldn't get any worse than the 3 years of unnecessary wait that you've gone through already

This is another evidence of the disjointed system that exist between the INIS (DoJ) and passport office (DoFA). There is nothing they are asking for now that you would not have had to provide during your naturalization process. Hence, a simple verification of the authenticity of your certificate of naturalization should suffice to confirm all the passport office needs to know about your identity and all. I am not surprised, even different sections of DoJ are not even linked together either physically or electronically. What the heck is the E950 is spent on?

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 pm

9jeirean wrote: What the heck is the E950 is spent on?
Outgoing TDs' pensions. :lol:

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm

adura wrote: 3.Long form birth certificate certified by your own embassy
Pray tell, what does this proof that your passport or even a sworn affidavit does not proof?

Funny they are introducing this at about the same time the incoming government is planning to move the operations of the passport office from the DoFA to the DoJ. May be then this meaningless requirement will be put paid to. I can see why the government think we have 20K civil servant too many.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0306/progra ... rnment.pdf
Consideration will be given to transferring the passport service from the Department of Foreign Affairs to the Department of Justice to operate as an Independent Executive Agency under the aegis of that Department

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:17 pm

AShawna wrote:
9jeirean wrote: What the heck is the E950 is spent on?
Outgoing TDs' pensions. :lol:

Touché! :lol: :lol: :lol:

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 pm

I think the above requirement will be a can of worms for several nationalities.
most countries do not issue the birth certificate in the long form format as needed by the Irish government so there's no question of them attesting this.

The relevant embassy will just attest a copy of the birth certificate (whichever format it is in).
I think the following might be acceptable.
a. attested copy of the birth certificate by embassy (whichever format it is in).
b. original copy of birth certificate
c. sworn affidavit in long form format

I do recall that when i submitted my passport application following naturalisation (in 2009) I submitted b and c above, but now since rules have changed it looks like a is also needed.

HOTSPURS

certificate timelines

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 am

folks, Took oath of allegiance in Cork as i don't wanna wait 2.5 months for the Dublin appointment. Posted form 7, fee, gnib card & pp fotos on Monday, 7th mar. is it taking full 6 weeks these days for the cert? a friend of mine, whose applicaion is yet to be decided, was told out-going Minister has instructed not to take any more files as there's huge backlog - now it's up to the new minister?

asrpb

Re: certificate timelines

Post by asrpb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 am

HOTSPURS wrote:folks, Took oath of allegiance in Cork as i don't wanna wait 2.5 months for the Dublin appointment. Posted form 7, fee, gnib card & pp fotos on Monday, 7th mar. is it taking full 6 weeks these days for the cert? a friend of mine, whose applicaion is yet to be decided, was told out-going Minister has instructed not to take any more files as there's huge backlog - now it's up to the new minister?
Well done buddy. Happy for you :)
Next step passport (check your PM)

My passport status now says : PRINTED . Will probably collect tomorrow :D

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 am

asrpb wrote: My passport status now says : PRINTED . Will probably collect tomorrow :D
Thats great news. I remember the day my passport arrived, I was trying to stay 'cool' about it but I couldnt help being thrilled, I was grinning from ear to ear. And first day I flashed it on the EU queue at Dublin airport was another good memory :D

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 am

AShawna wrote:
asrpb wrote: My passport status now says : PRINTED . Will probably collect tomorrow :D
Thats great news. I remember the day my passport arrived, I was trying to stay 'cool' about it but I couldnt help being thrilled, I was grinning from ear to ear. And first day I flashed it on the EU queue at Dublin airport was another good memory :D
I've my tickets booked already to have it flashed next month as well :)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 am

AShawna wrote:
AShawna Ahahahahahahah, yeah I have the same memories...
The day got me passport I was flying the next day, I was out of the country. I think I was flashing it all over the place. Slept with it, ate with it at the table, showered with it not far from me, you see where I am going ?

Nanette (An bho dhearg)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:27 am

asrpb wrote:
AShawna wrote:
I've my tickets booked already to have it flashed next month as well :)
question is where are you travelling to ?
Give us back feedback on your travel experience with your new passport...
Nanette

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 am

hopefuly one day I get these feelings which you all are telling us about
good luck for all who are waitting
and congratulations for the one who got it ( the EU passport I mean)
peace on you

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 am

Nanette
Flying to Greece next month :)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Be carefull with the bailout there....Nice country though. Enjoy the sun..
Ahahahahahahah
Tell us all your experience with your EU passport...

asrpb wrote:
Nanette
Flying to Greece next month :)

scraredstrait
Newly Registered

Swearing in Locations

Post by scraredstrait » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:28 pm

It's good to see more approvals! Congrats to all. :lol:

I am struggling to find a swearing (Received Form 7 on March 3) in location that will allow it before my 15 April date appointment. I am looking to travel to Cork ( am in Dublin) but i am looking to see if they take walk ins before i travel there. Am due to have a baby next week so am cutting it pretty close.

Any ideas that have worked are appreciated.

Thanks All

@ Scrudu
hang in there i applied under Irish spouse in March 2009 had it returned twice and accepted in April 2009 finally, so they will get to your hubby application soon i pray.

adura

Post by adura » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks 9jerian,

I finally submitted the requested documents today..it was not an easy task going to my country's embassy..all the difficulties and all..Anyway finally got my BC authenticated and posted the payslip,my passport,a letter from the hospital i work in,and College Identification card.
I hope it does not last long before they processed the passport.

Thanks folks for your kind words.

For those still waiting,be encouraged though it tarries it will surely come.

Cheers

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 pm

adura wrote:Thanks 9jerian,

I finally submitted the requested documents today..it was not an easy task going to my country's embassy..all the difficulties and all..Anyway finally got my BC authenticated and posted the payslip,my passport,a letter from the hospital i work in,and College Identification card.

Cheers
Hi adura,

Glad to see you have that done at the embassy. Can you PM me how you got about it. i have a close person who may have to do same soonest.

Thank you 'omo-iya' :wink:

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:46 pm

M'adura,
why would they require a payslip , a letter of employer and a college identification ???

This is strange that an Irish citizen should produce this to have their passport issued....Z'adura, please elaborate.

Nanette

Cheers

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:05 pm

nanette wrote:
M'adura,
why would they require a payslip , a letter of employer and a college identification ???

This is strange that an Irish citizen should produce this to have their passport issued....Z'adura, please elaborate.

Nanette

Cheers
Hi Nanette,

It looks like the rule has changed generally for everyone. http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782

They are only requesting naturalized Irish citizen to have their BC certified in the embassy of their country of birth

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 pm

9jeirean wrote:
They are only requesting naturalized Irish citizen to have their BC certified in the embassy of their country of birth
Yep, looks like naturalizsed citizens always have that extra hurdle to jump. Was still thinkiing about it last week when I got the 'verification' form or whatever they call it from the child benefit section, just checking to see if non-nationals are still in t he country to prevent fraud. I had written each time I got that form in the past year that I am now a naturalized citizen but I still get the form every couple of months or so. Its so so annoying. :x I know Irish citizens by birth dont go through that.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:12 pm

AShawna wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
Yep, looks like naturalizsed citizens always have that extra hurdle to jump. Was still thinkiing about it last week when I got the 'verification' form or whatever they call it from the child benefit section, just checking to see if non-nationals are still in t he country to prevent fraud. I had written each time I got that form in the past year that I am now a naturalized citizen but I still get the form every couple of months or so. Its so so annoying. :x I know Irish citizens by birth dont go through that.
Funny enough its same case here. A colleague of my from Argentina with Irish name/surname doesn't receive these letter from SW but I do and so does my wife (EU).
I personally think SW section profiles people with non-Irish name.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Received my Passport today :D Hurraaaaaa
Issued on 08/03/2011

----------------------------------------------------
Let the Visa-Free Travels begin 8)

adura

Post by adura » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Congrats Asrpb,
Weldone the wait is over..
I sent in the extra documentattions yesterday.
I hope to give them a call tomorrow to verify if they receive them,as the envelop could not be registered.

Krb how long after you sent in your extra documentation did they update your profile?

'9jeirian, you will need to make an appointment at the Nig Embassy,pay 25euros in bankdraft,your proof of address,and a copy of your passport for identification purposes.All this to get the long BC authenticated

Nanette thanks for kind words..my wait continues..i hope it ends soon..

Cheers