ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension - Offshore bank account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier1 Extension - Offshore bank account

Post by tulipz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:28 am

Hi All,
My husband has a Tier1 visa and we've been in the UK for 2 yrs now. Visa is up for extension in Oct 2011. He works for a reputed company here. The prob is that, while opening a bank account with Natwest (way back in 2009, when he started working in the UK), he chose an offshore account (dont ask me why, my husband always has this nasty habit of not doing things the straight way). So his account is sitting in Jersey (Channel Islands). UK Natwest has no access to his account. I realised this just last month and immediately got him to open an account locally and had him change the account in office for depositing salary. Salary was put in on the 1st of March (into this new account). We'll show maintenance funds from this account. We requested Natwest Jersey to send paper statements (until Feb 2011)

We plan to apply for extension around June ( I am a contractor. So I'll need to have good visa validity to find work..hence the early extn).

Will this offshore account thingy create problems for us? Please advice.

Thanks,
Tulipz

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:28 pm

No