ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unique Case

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fabio11

Unique Case

Post by fabio11 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi Guys,
I came in this country five years ago on 5th of April 2006 but went back home on 6th of April 2006 and came again on 1st of july 2006.
Now I need to apply for BC and I want that my application should reach home office on 5th or 6th of April 2011 as otherwise I need to wait till July 2011 to apply.
Is it possible if I make an NCS appointment on 4th of July to make sure application reaches HO on 5th or 6th of April?
Your help will be really appreciated.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Fabio,

Did you stay only 1 day then, before going back home?
Technically I think you can apply as long as your application reaches HO on the 5th or 6th of April.
Better not to use NCS as you never know when they will forward the application. Better to apply with Special Delivery.

In which category are you here? Have you got ILR? Don't you need to wait 1 year with ILR? Or are you married to a British Citizen? In this case it's 3 years only.

Just trying to work out in which category you fall as normally people wait 6 years (5+1 on ILR). Unless you are on HSMP Junior, or BNO national, etc...

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks for reply Glauco
Yes I literally stayed less than 24 hrs. It was like I came on Wednesday 5th April evening and went back on Thursday 6th April 2006 morning (after having my Full English Breakfast of course).
I got my ILR last year on 10th of March, so though I will complete one year ILR tomoroow but can only apply BC on 5th of April.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 pm

You will have to send your application on Monday 4 Apr. by Special Delivery to have it delivered on Tuesday 5 Apr. as you will then comply with requirement of being physically in the UK on 6 Apr.
But then you will need to comply with no more than 450 days outside UK and you are starting from almost 90.

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Thanks UKPL

Does it mean I can make an appointment with NCS on 4th of April and give them special next day delivery envelop to send my application to make sure it reaches 5th or the latest on 6th of April.
Is there any possibility that NCS can mess things and dont send my application on time?
In that case I can send application myself with Special Deliver.

is there any difference in NCS or self applications?

I have not been outside UK for more than 450 days.

Thanks again for your help.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Fabio,
It's better if you make a postal application instead of using NCS.
The thing with NCS is: you may have your appointment even in the morning, but maybe they dispatch the documents at the end of the day when they gather all the other applications.
And note that posts sent after a certain time, say 5pm, it will not have the special delivery guarantee. So it will most likely arrive on the 6th or even later (some NCS may send all applications only twice a week etc to the Home Office). It's not guarantee that they will send it same day.

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks Glauco
I want to make NCS application to make sure my papers are in order and I get my passport back.
Any suggestions for any particular NCS centre in London or South East?

On the other hand someone in this forum once suggested to make a postal application and keep calling home office to say you need to travel and need passport so they will make a decision quicker. I dont know how true it is.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 am

fabio11 wrote:Does it mean I can make an appointment with NCS on 4th of April and give them special next day delivery envelop to send my application to make sure it reaches 5th or the latest on 6th of April.
Can't be 6th - has to be 5th.
If it will be delivered on 6th, then 5 years prior that date is NOT 6th but 7th (6th would be 5 years plus 1 day) and on 7th you were not physically in the UK. Also you are applying under discretion rule - nothing is guaranteed. So please bear in mind what case worker can think of you being in the UK for just one day? Although AN form states that you should provide the date of your first arrival to the UK, in accompanied guide it is added: with the view of settlement. Case worker may not see you coming with such a view for just one day and then being somewhere else for the following 3 months.
My personal opinion is: you'd be better to wait till July.

As for NCS - your application is not sent by the person who serves you. It is subject to possible further checks by supervisor and then applications are packed, sealed and posted - you have no guarantee whatsoever that your application will be posted the same day/the following day/before Post Office cut-off time. If your chosen NCS uses Special Delivery (not all NCSs do), then you are best to assume your application will be delivered to UKBA not sooner than 2 working days after your NCS appointment.