ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration reforms and future of Tier 1 (PSW)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tusso

Post by tusso » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:50 pm

[quote="arsenal49"][quote="tusso"]

Yeah I get you, its just terrible not knowing, but seeing how relaxed things are getting worse case would be TA with 2 year PSW and restrictions for students starting in [b]2011 onwards[/b], fingers crossed[/quote]

probably 2012! as recruiting is already underway for 2011! universities wont be pleased if govt. imposes the limits on 2011 in take

cheers[/quote]

Another enquiry
http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... ation-tor/

I guess this is going to take a while

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:09 pm

it closes March 25th? Cool. There is no way they will make an announcement or change anything before April then. I wonder what they're going to do. I'm still nervous but I think it's safe to say I will get my full psw! And of course, since I'm not selfish, those who apply before April...I wish you the best of luck and dare I say...congratulations (if it isn't too early to congratulate!)??
Last edited by jlewisunh on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sehmett

Post by sehmett » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:27 pm

I hope we'll be able to get our PSW. Anyway, let's be ready to react in case these changes come soon with bad transitional arrangements or no opportunities to change for Tier 2!

Remember, we stand for 2 years PSW (cos we'll not find an employer with 1 year visa) and an opportunity to shift to Tier 2 (cos an employer does not need a worker who will DEFINITELY leave in 1-2 years). :idea:

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Well, I have much stronger wish:

Not depending on when you will get your degree?
But
When you have got your visa?

Any one who gets his/her visa, with the understanding of PSW, before the announcement of its closure should be eligible to obtain PSW whether its April 2011 or April 2013 – 2014.

This is how it should be work.
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Well, I have much stronger wish:

But

Any one who gets his/her visa, with the understanding of PSW, before the announcement of its closure should be eligible to obtain PSW whether its April 2011 or April 2013 – 2014.

N/A

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Tier 4 wrote:Well, I have much stronger wish:

But

I agree.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:50 pm

tusso wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:
tusso wrote:
Yeah I get you, its just terrible not knowing, but seeing how relaxed things are getting worse case would be TA with 2 year PSW and restrictions for students starting in 2011 onwards, fingers crossed
probably 2012! as recruiting is already underway for 2011! universities wont be pleased if govt. imposes the limits on 2011 in take

cheers
Another enquiry
http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... ation-tor/

I guess this is going to take a while
Can Govt. really announce the result of the consultation they did, before this enquiry is over??

Where does the law stands or what is the convention in these matters??

Senior member's, Plz enlighten us.

Thanks

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Tier 4 wrote:Well, I have much stronger wish:

But

Hopefully, it will work like that otherwise it will defeat the purpose of TA.

removed user

Post by removed user » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Update: http://www.jdsupra.com/post/documentVie ... 423d14dd2b

Sounds like PSW may close in April.

removed user

Post by removed user » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Update: http://www.jdsupra.com/post/documentVie ... 423d14dd2b

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:07 pm

kamilanwar wrote:Update: http://www.jdsupra.com/post/documentVie ... 423d14dd2b

There is nothing new in this bulletin !!!!

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm

tall_funky wrote:
kamilanwar wrote:Update: http://www.jdsupra.com/post/documentVie ... 423d14dd2b

There is nothing new in this bulletin !!!!
Yea, this is old news, and nothing is mentioned about psw anyway.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Guys, time is running out and I urge you all to lobby your MP for the last time to STOP these draconian changes.

It's just a matter of FEW clicks!

http://www.nus.org.uk/letter-writing/lo ... migration/

Thanks in advance for all your kind support.

removed user

Post by removed user » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 pm

tall_funky wrote:Guys, time is running out and I urge you all to lobby your MP for the last time to STOP these draconian changes.

Done.

luckylondon

Post by luckylondon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:28 am

Done

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am

tall_funky wrote:Guys, time is running out and I urge you all to lobby your MP for the last time to STOP these draconian changes.

Its done
N/A

veyronj
Newly Registered

Post by veyronj » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 pm

I called up UCL rights and advice today and they told me the news will be confirmed next week, and ask me to wait till next week before making applications.

tusso

Post by tusso » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm

veyronj wrote:I called up UCL rights and advice today and they told me the news will be confirmed next week, and ask me to wait till next week before making applications.
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/s ... 415473&c=1

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:06 pm

veyronj wrote:I called up UCL rights and advice today and they told me the news will be confirmed next week, and ask me to wait till next week before making applications.
This is what I have been talking about...I had a feeling they would announce something...who knows what it will be. Remember, Green didn't say no announcement would come on March 16th...he said that they have no date set. He didn't confirm or deny that date.

Either way, why would UCL tell people to wait before applying, when as of now nothing has changed and there is no chance of not getting psw if you have the requirements? Unless they were talking about a university application and not psw?

What I don't get is why they're going to announce before March 25th, the date of closing for the Scottish consultation. That seems to make NO sense. Why would they even open a consultation if they had a hint that a decision would be reached before the consultation was even closed?

Now I am back to being nervous again, as I am applying next week.

tusso

Post by tusso » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:16 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
This is what I have been talking about...I had a feeling they would announce something...who knows what it will be. Remember, Green didn't say no announcement would come on March 16th...he said that they have no date set. He didn't confirm or deny that date.

Either way, why would UCL tell people to wait before applying, when as of now nothing has changed and there is no chance of not getting psw if you have the requirements? Unless they were talking about a university application and not psw?

What I don't get is why they're going to announce before March 25th, the date of closing for the Scottish consultation. That seems to make NO sense. Why would they even open a consultation if they had a hint that a decision would be reached before the consultation was even closed?

Dude you should be fine, relax, all of these are rumours and speculations, in the OFFICIAL UKBA website it doesnt say anything about not applying or waiting to apply or something

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:21 pm

tusso wrote:
jlewisunh wrote:

Dude you should be fine, relax, all of these are rumours and speculations, in the OFFICIAL UKBA website it doesnt say anything about not applying or waiting to apply or something
yea it seems like the people from universities giving info are the least informed in some respects.

veyronj
Newly Registered

Post by veyronj » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:25 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
tusso wrote:
jlewisunh wrote:

yea it seems like the people from universities giving info are the least informed in some respects.
can you guys help me with my problem? I posted a new topic. please help :(

sehmett

Post by sehmett » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:34 pm

[quote="tall_funky"]Guys, time is running out and I urge you all to lobby your MP for the last time to STOP these draconian changes.

Thanks in advance for all your kind support.[/quote]

Done

Please, everyone send this link to your friends!

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 pm

:lol:
All immigration consultants, lawyer, student advisors etc…. telling one thing in common if you fulfil the requirement now APPLY TODAY before the new rules kick in.

And your UCL telling you to wait till the new rules confirmed. Well one thing for sure mate, new rules regardless whatever they are won’t be in our favour.
N/A

tusso

Post by tusso » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
:lol:
All immigration consultants, lawyer, student advisors etc…. telling one thing in common if you fulfil the requirement now APPLY TODAY before the new rules kick in.

And your UCL telling you to wait till the new rules confirmed. Well one thing for sure mate, new rules regardless whatever they are won’t be in our favour.
U make no sense, obviously applying now is better but that s no rocket science, that is just common sense, as of now relying that things wont go on our favour cause an unclear comment about a UCL advisor is just stupid, may I remind you now that now PSW has become more as an issue of how to tighten it than closing it