ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

liability order and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

darkoracle
Newly Registered

liability order and ILR

Post by darkoracle » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:29 pm

I had a liability order for council tax, had a big fight with them over not picking up my garbage. It has been paid in FULL. Do I have to declare it with my ILR application ?

jma
Newly Registered

Re: liability order and ILR

Post by jma » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:46 am

darkoracle wrote:I had a liability order for council tax, had a big fight with them over not picking up my garbage. It has been paid in FULL. Do I have to declare it with my ILR application ?
Hiya,

Did not declare mine and got ILR. However, I was a student and it was a general mistake on their part to issue me with one. Still, I did not declare it. As far as I know liability order is not a CCJ.

But if you do decide to mention it, my advice would be to include it in a covering letter together with evidence it has been resolved. Good luck with your application, I hope you get the ILR!

By the way, does anyone know whether a liability order, such as mine and Darkoracle's, can adversely effect citizenship application?