ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help! //Urgent Request // ILR Relevant Info

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yongheepingu
Newly Registered

Please help! //Urgent Request // ILR Relevant Info

Post by yongheepingu » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi, everyone.
I'd like to ask about ILR.
I am a work permit holder and I have been working since 2002 (so it makes it 4 years so far).
Suddenly another company offerered me a job (different job descriotion) in different industry, but this company is in different field.

The New potential Employer is willing to sponsor me for the new work permit status (willing to go thru all the havoc in respect to news paper advertisement and submitting solicitor's fee)

If I change the job, Can I apply for ILR next year? (and be able to obtain the ILR status?)
Or Do I have to work under same company or same field for consecutive five years?

Please advise me on this matter promptly...
Many thanks.

nonothing

Re: Please help! //Urgent Request // ILR Relevant Info

Post by nonothing » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:16 pm

yongheepingu wrote:If I change the job, Can I apply for ILR next year? (and be able to obtain the ILR status?)
uder the current rules, YES.
yongheepingu wrote:Do I have to work under same company or same field for consecutive five years?
NO.

yongheepingu
Newly Registered

Re: Please help! //Urgent Request // ILR Relevant Info

Post by yongheepingu » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:38 pm

Thank you for your advice!
As your advice will make a big difference to my future career and
visa status. Please reconfirm I can still obtain the ILR after I change my employer (i.e. I use to work for say.. import clerk for 4 years and change the industry and work for the investment bank as a banker..)
Please confirm I can still obtain the ILR status after working for 4 years as a import cleark and rest of 1 year as a banker.)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:14 pm

yongheepingu, assuming your new employer does succeed in getting a WP to employ you then yes, the change of employer will not stop to applying for ILR in the last 28 days before the completion of the five year period.

I presume that if your prospective employer fails in the attempt to get a WP for you, you will simply stay in your current employ?
John

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:35 pm

Yongheepingu,

I have done this in the past, changed from one employer to another and there was no problem with my ILR after my 4 years were up.

You will not have a problem if you change employer.

Good luck with your new job.

Rogerio

yongheepingu
Newly Registered

Post by yongheepingu » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:40 pm

Thank you very much for your support.
I am really glad to hear like that.

Thanks!!! :D

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:14 pm

Good luck mister!