ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 refused due to £125 less because...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dreamer86

Tier 1 refused due to £125 less because...

Post by dreamer86 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:13 pm

my fren's tier 1 visa refused because he couldnt get enough point in earnings. he claimed 25 but got 20. this is because:

1. his accountant showed NET PROFIT of £21512 ; before taxation and expenditure £21723 in his self-employed.

2. when he claimed points, he (accountant) added £21723 and rest of from other works. so this came to over 40000.

BUT..
HO said," we calculate only net profit , not amount before taxation and expenditure"

so when HO calculate point using net profit ,it is less than £40000. so his visa refused.

if he apply again , whts possibility of getting visa coz he's visa expires in may 2011.

is this ACCOUNTANT's fault for HO's fault. your kind advice and suggestion will make my frens feelings good. thks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 pm

dreamer86 wrote:HO said," we calculate only net profit , not amount before taxation and expenditure"
Read clause(s) / para(s) 112, 139, 143 and 145 of the policy guidance.
e.g. -
112. If an applicant is self-employed and has chosen to retain the profits within the business, his/her earnings are limited to the share of the business’s net profits to which he/she is entitled. We will only consider profits made during the 12-month earnings period for which the applicant is claiming.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 pm

it has to be only NET PROFIT. Net profit meaning (Gross minus expense) but pretax. It is a correct refusal.

He can reapply now with correct documents and income statement. ask him to consult a good accountant.

dreamer86

need help in Tier 1 General application

Post by dreamer86 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:51 pm

thks everyone.
he got HO ref. no :XXXX and case id no :XXXX
we got confuse while making fresh application(2nd time).

the question is:

i copied following from application form.

"B12. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work
permit arrangements (if applicable):
Reference number 1:
Reference number 2:"

does it mean to write case id no. in that question? or something else?
couldnt understand question properly. can someone explain to me plz.