ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PANELL MEETING DATE ON APRIL 2011

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angelica salazar
Newly Registered

PANELL MEETING DATE ON APRIL 2011

Post by angelica salazar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:50 pm

CoS meeting panel for Tier 2 . Does someone know the date when the next panel meeting will be happening in april 2011?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 am

no meeting planned in april, as far as i know

angelica salazar
Newly Registered

Post by angelica salazar » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:53 pm

arsenal49 wrote:no meeting planned in april, as far as i know
Thanks arsenal, there is any deadline date to submit applications after the 6th of april in order to get the CoS?

pricesoft

Post by pricesoft » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:06 pm

So far as I'm aware, for in-country applications (unrestricted CoS), your sponsor will need to put in an initial alloction request before the 11th of March which is tomorrow. This way, you will expect to get 0 or more initial allocations by the 6th of April.

However, your sponsor should still be able to request for allocations during the year via the sponsor management system.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 pm

depends when your current leave is expiring...

if it is after 6th april, then apply after 6th April as , "supposedly" it will be easier to get a visa for in-country applicants

your employer must request COS after 6th april, should take it few days for them to be awarded COS. then you make an application..

cheers

ps: im assuming you are an in-country applicant

angelica salazar
Newly Registered

Post by angelica salazar » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:41 pm

arsenal49 wrote:depends when your current leave is expiring...

if it is after 6th april, then apply after 6th April as , "supposedly" it will be easier to get a visa for in-country applicants

your employer must request COS after 6th april, should take it few days for them to be awarded COS. then you make an application..

cheers

ps: im assuming you are an in-country applicant
hola arsenal, nop , i´m not in - country applicant, I was in the country and I had to leave in January (visa expired, switching from tier 1 (PSW), no CoS, no job) , therefore the CoS my employee will apply for will be restricted ...my sponsor is trying to get me back to my desk.

pehlad_d
Newly Registered

Post by pehlad_d » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi, do you know when first panel meeting will be held for out-country applicants? I am expected to join on 10 May 2011 and I wondering whether I would get my CoS before that.

I found that, Page 7 in this document http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... soi-tier2/ says "We expect the first monthly allocation of CoS to take place in early April. We expect to begin accepting applications for restricted CoS from 16th March 2011".

pehlad_d
Newly Registered

Post by pehlad_d » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi, do you know when first panel meeting will be held for out-country applicants? I am expected to join on 10 May 2011 and I wondering whether I would get my CoS before that.

I found that, Page 7 in this document http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... soi-tier2/ says "We expect the first monthly allocation of CoS to take place in early April. We expect to begin accepting applications for restricted CoS from 16th March 2011".

Allocation means granting CoS ?

Thanks in advance