ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for Naturalisation certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krb
Newly Registered

Post by krb » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 pm

BTW, not sure if this info is relevant to this topic but...here I go.
When I went to the Garda station with my NAturalisation Cert (issued in Irish) to change my wife's Garda card to Stamp4, the immigration officer behind the counter gave me a blank look and looked at the cert as if it was written in Greek or Latin.

She said that the Cert doesn't mean anything and that they only recognise Irish passport as proof of being an Irish Citizen.

Now, I thought that that was a really ignorant comment by the Officer......but I would like to know what other people think.

As far as I am concerned that Cert(even though I don't understand a word of it) says that I am now an Irish citizen and this has been signedoff by the minister of Justice...but looks like the GNIB don't accept that.

Figure that!!!!

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 pm

-----------
Last edited by asrpb on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:04 pm

krb wrote:BTW, not sure if this info is relevant to this topic but...here I go.
When I went to the Garda station with my NAturalisation Cert (issued in Irish) to change my wife's Garda card to Stamp4, the immigration officer behind the counter gave me a blank look and looked at the cert as if it was written in Greek or Latin.

She said that the Cert doesn't mean anything and that they only recognise Irish passport as proof of being an Irish Citizen.

Now, I thought that that was a really ignorant comment by the Officer......but I would like to know what other people think.

As far as I am concerned that Cert(even though I don't understand a word of it) says that I am now an Irish citizen and this has been signedoff by the minister of Justice...but looks like the GNIB don't accept that.

Figure that!!!!
This is ridicules of GNIB officer.
You should have asked for his senior as your Naturalisation Cert is THE PROOF of you being Irish Citizen and Irish Passport is only a Travel Document.
Also you should have asked if Native Irish people also need their Irish Passport to prove that they are Irish :?:

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Figure that!!!!
The officer was totally wrong. The CoN is the authentic proof of your Irish citizenship. That's why it has all essential details i.e DOB place of birth and your photograph etc. The passport is only a travelling document. I bet she had no clue what was written on the cert. Somebody's been missing out on Seachtain na Gaeilge in school.

That begs the question, why are CoN not bilingual? Every other Irish government document as far as I know are written both in English and Irish language.

adura

Post by adura » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:20 am

Krb that is shocking,anyway guess we are not native irish probable reason for the discrimination.

I checked my passport status today to verify if they ve received the extra documentation..but its still reading the same story since the 3rd of march..wondered if they ve received the post i sent..

Krb i hope they ll soon realise we are Irish too regardless of how it happened.

Good weekend to All.

God bless
God makes all things beautiful

adura

Post by adura » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 am

Krb that is shocking,anyway guess we are not native irish probable reason for the discrimination.

I checked my passport status today to verify if they ve received the extra documentation..but its still reading the same story since the 3rd of march..wondered if they ve received the post i sent..

Krb i hope they ll soon realise we are Irish too regardless of how it happened.

Good weekend to All.

God bless

omobolayet087
Newly Registered

certificate of nationalisation

Post by omobolayet087 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello Everyone, Did anyone receive his or her naturalisation cert last or this week? i posted my oath and document on the 7th of march 2011 i received acknowledged letter on 10th of march 2011. Any idea on how long will it take, Your update is much appreciated.

adura

Post by adura » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:30 am

omobolayet087,
Mine took exactly 3weeks..i presume you should get it by the 1st week in April all things being equal.

omobolayet087
Newly Registered

Post by omobolayet087 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:55 pm

adura wrote:omobolayet087,
Mine took exactly 3weeks..i presume you should get it by the 1st week in April all things being equal.
Thanks i really appreciate that God bless u

Congrat
Last edited by omobolayet087 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:12 am

Figure that!!!!
KRB, thanks for sharing this farce with us. I intend to do exactly the same - i.e take my Natz cert for renewal of GNIB card for family. but, i may have a month for applying for me passport before i go for renewal of GNIB for family. i'm in 2 minds now. Another problem being posting the Original natz cert while the renewal for Family is due..

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:11 am

krb wrote: She said that the Cert doesn't mean anything and that they only recognise Irish passport as proof of being an Irish Citizen.
The Immi Officer should be so ashamed of herself. I wonder what kind of training they give their workers, some are so blatantly ignorant, it is unreal.
Last edited by AShawna on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

adura

Post by adura » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Finally Passport processing updated to approved and to be issued on the 18th.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:13 pm

at last Adura
congrat.
peace on you

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Four days...Mi' adura...Just 4 days....Hehehehehehe.

I looked at me pass 13256 times...

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

adura wrote:Finally Passport processing updated to approved and to be issued on the 18th.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:53 pm

adura wrote:Finally Passport processing updated to approved and to be issued on the 18th.
Congrats adura. At last, enjoy your visa free movement :wink:

adura

Post by adura » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks Guys...The supportive 9jeirean,ever dependable Nanette and Pharoe..thanks for your kind words.
But do we need to pass through the eye of the needle to obtain the passport?
I can just imagine how long it has taken.
Anyway Thanks be to God its almost over..

For those still waiting..ITS GONNA COME.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:13 pm

B'Adura....must be happy ehh ?
adura wrote:Thanks Guys...The supportive 9jeirean,ever dependable Nanette and Pharoe..thanks for your kind words.
But do we need to pass through the eye of the needle to obtain the passport?
I can just imagine how long it has taken.
Anyway Thanks be to God its almost over..

For those still waiting..ITS GONNA COME.

adura

Post by adura » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:14 am

Got a call from my Wife yesterday that i have a post from the passport office,got home and opened it and Behold it was the Irish Passport..
I was not too excited about it considering all the rigmaroll that one had to go thru,but its worth it thinking of the hassles of going to those embassies to pay for visas.
Thanks to all in the forum for your kind words ,encourage,advice and comments.

I have looked at it only twice and am yet to feel any excitement,Nanette not sure i ll look up to 123456 time..nah not for me,hopefully the excitement will come soon.

To all those still waiting ,i ll say a prayer for you that your Expectations shall not be cut off..It will surely come..

God bless The Forum

Adura

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 am

adura wrote:Got a call from my Wife yesterday that i have a post from the passport office,got home and opened it and Behold it was the Irish Passport..
I was not too excited about it considering all the rigmaroll that one had to go thru,but its worth it thinking of the hassles of going to those embassies to pay for visas.

I have looked at it only twice and am yet to feel any excitement,Nanette not sure i ll look up to 123456 time..nah not for me,hopefully the excitement will come soon.

To all those still waiting ,i ll say a prayer for you that your Expectations shall not be cut off..It will surely come..

God bless The Forum

Adura
Congratulations. I actually thought this is a Ms. Adura not Mr. Adura. :lol:
Hope you'll still hang around the forum to be of help to others and keep others company.I commend the long-term members that are constantly offering advice and support on this forum. God bless!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

omobolayet087
Newly Registered

Post by omobolayet087 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 am

adura wrote:Got a call from my Wife yesterday that i have a post from the passport office,got home and opened it and Behold it was the Irish Passport..

God bless The Forum

Adura

Congrat

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Mi'Adura, you should be very excited...so where are you travelling huh ?

But go ahead, look at it 12356 times.....just like moi....:)-

Enjoy your passport which should expire in 2022 ahahahahahah

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

God bless The Forum

Adura

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Congrats Adura :) Welcome to Oirish Passport Club

Maybe you WILL feel excited flying through EU Queue instead of standing & waiting in NON-EU Queue on your next trip :D

----------------------------------------------------
Let the Visa-Free Travels begin 8)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:31 pm

asrpb, I think Mi-Adura has left the country already...

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

asrpb wrote:Congrats Adura :) Welcome to Oirish Passport Club

Maybe you WILL feel excited flying through EU Queue instead of standing & waiting in NON-EU Queue on your next trip :D

----------------------------------------------------
Let the Visa-Free Travels begin 8)

miso1
Newly Registered

Post by miso1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Nanette, hope you don't mind me saying, would you update your details on citizenship time-line apps topic. Was looking at the application and noticed your account is still down as pending. If understand correctly, you got your passport in 2009...

Apologies in advance if that is some other Nanette on application :D.
Just though its good to have things up to date, it helps in getting a full picture.

And thanks for the optimism you are spreading through this forum. :D

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Where's that scrudu link again. I shall update indeed

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

miso1 wrote:Nanette, hope you don't mind me saying, would you update your details on citizenship time-line apps topic. Was looking at the application and noticed your account is still down as pending. If understand correctly, you got your passport in 2009...

Apologies in advance if that is some other Nanette on application :D.
Just though its good to have things up to date, it helps in getting a full picture.

And thanks for the optimism you are spreading through this forum. :D