ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When are the qualifying points Calculated?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mansukh
Newly Registered

When are the qualifying points Calculated?

Post by Mansukh » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:37 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Immigration to Canada, but am falling short of about 5 points(assuming that I would score 12 in IELTS).

My question is, will my points be calculated at the time I apply or at the time when my file is scheduled for processing?

I have a MBA in Marketing and one year of work experience. As I would be applying from India it would take about 4 years before my files are processed. I would be gathering 4 more years of work experience and have 6 additional points. So by the time my file is processed I would have crossed the 67 points barrier.

Will the Immigration department consider this experience I have accumulated over this period(i.e. the time I submit my file and the time my file is processed) or shall I consider filing after 3 years?

Thank you,
Mansukh.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:37 am

File only when you have the points/ definitley qualify. Paper screening stage can happen at any time and if this is at application receipt stage (way before the 4 years you mention) then your application will be rejected.

rely

Post by rely » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:56 am

Kayalami wrote:File only when you have the points/ definitley qualify. Paper screening stage can happen at any time and if this is at application receipt stage (way before the 4 years you mention) then your application will be rejected.
Currently you have one year of experience ,you require another 3 years to get 21 total points for expeience.This will be calculated while your application is in process provided you are working in the field which qualifies you under required noc codes.New Delhi will go for first review after 52 months.Nothing will move before that.
Secondly , I suggest you dont submit this IELTS result now.Write a brief english write up claiming 16 points in total for all the abilities.If you feel confident say after 2/3/4 years os so, write this exam again to improve the current IELTS score.One more secret I will tell you, it is my personal experience ie if you are based at delhi then go to Gurgaon or jaipur to write IELTS exam or if you are from Mumbai then go to Poona or Baroda or Ahmedabad.Beleive me you will score more marks then what you have got now.
rely

viren68

Post by viren68 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:07 am

Hello Rely,

Can you tell me why one has to go to Gurgaon??

Viru

rely

Post by rely » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:14 am

viren68 wrote:Hello Rely,

Can you tell me why one has to go to Gurgaon??

Viru
Well as I have mentioned in my earlier mail.The reason is not specific and I am not sure.
I mentioned if you are from Delhi then go to Gurgaon or Jaipur OR if you are from Mumbai then go to Pune, Baroda or Ahmedabad.I think since these are small township in comparison to metros may be may be they are lil bit lenient.
But I have seen ample examples.

rely