ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work rights without acknowledgement letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

snehagajjala
Newly Registered

work rights without acknowledgement letter

Post by snehagajjala » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:20 am

Hello All,
I have made my HSMP application on 25th february,2011 and the money was taken from my account on 4th march,2011 but still did not receive any acknowledgment letter from the home office and does anyone have any idea whether we can work in the uk without receiving acknowledgment letter from the home office for the hsmp visa application that i made as my visa runs out this weekend and my employer is asking for it. Is their any other way that i can convince my employer plz guys i need your help desperately.

tier1gnrl

Hi!

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:35 am

When I was a student in UK and was extending my visa for PSW, after my application my visa ran out, it should be alright as you still hold a right to stay in the UK as your entry clearance (Visa) is still in progress and I believe you have the rights mentioned on your previous visa which is now expired.

I will check this link on the UKBA website if I get these details I will forward them to you.

Good Luck for your application.

snehagajjala
Newly Registered

Re: Hi!

Post by snehagajjala » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:55 am

thanks very much for your help...will be waiting for ur reply...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:33 am

snehagajjala wrote:Hello All,
I have made my HSMP application on 25th february,2011 and the money was taken from my account on 4th march,2011 but still did not receive any acknowledgment letter from the home office and does anyone have any idea whether we can work in the uk without receiving acknowledgment letter from the home office for the hsmp visa application that i made as my visa runs out this weekend and my employer is asking for it. Is their any other way that i can convince my employer plz guys i need your help desperately.
What was your immigration status before you submitted your "HSMP application" in January 2011?
sushdmehta wrote:Employer may call the Sponsorship and employers' helpline to verify an applicant's right to work.
a service to employers who want to verify the entitlement to work for people who are awaiting the outcome of an application made to the Home Office;
regards
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi snehagajjala,

I was in excatly the same situation as yours when I submitted my Tier 1 G application. My PSW visa was expiring on 10th Feb 2011 and I applied for my Tier 1 G visa on 2nd Feb 2011.

My employer is a big American bank and they started asking me for the new visa or the letter from the home office.

I informed them that I have applied for my visa on 2nd feb and it takes atleast 7-10 working days for the home office to send the application acknowledgment letter.

I then submitted the copy of the Cheque (visa fee) and the original royal mail receipt with the tracking number. They did accept that and till now I am working fine without any issues. They just asked me

to submit the acknowledgement letter as soon as I receive it. When I received the acknowledgment letter, I submitted that to my HR. I didn’t faced any issues.

And to let you know that my employer is a very big American bank and they have a very strict policy regarding the work authorisation.

I am sure, if you can supply the details which I provided to my employer, you should be fine.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:35 pm

sanjeev.x.kumar wrote:Hi snehagajjala,

I was in excatly the same situation as yours when I submitted my Tier 1 G application. My PSW visa was expiring on 10th Feb 2011 and I applied for my Tier 1 G visa on 2nd Feb 2011.

My employer is a big American bank and they started asking me for the new visa or the letter from the home office.

I informed them that I have applied for my visa on 2nd feb and it takes atleast 7-10 working days for the home office to send the application acknowledgment letter.

I then submitted the copy of the Cheque (visa fee) and the original royal mail receipt with the tracking number. They did accept that and till now I am working fine without any issues. They just asked me

to submit the acknowledgement letter as soon as I receive it. When I received the acknowledgment letter, I submitted that to my HR. I didn’t faced any issues.

And to let you know that my employer is a very big American bank and they have a very strict policy regarding the work authorisation.

I am sure, if you can supply the details which I provided to my employer, you should be fine.
You have basically given them all the information you have. If you have yet to receive the acknowledgement letter, there is nothing you can do about it.

You have proof of delivery as well as proof of payment, that is the maximum you can do.

Have you submitted your biometrics yet? Because once you do that, you will have one more piece of evidence that your application is under process.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

snehagajjala
Newly Registered

hello sanjeev,

Post by snehagajjala » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:07 am

thanks for all your responses sanjeev i told my employer that i can give them postage proof and the bank statement showing that the money was taken from my account but still they said it cant help me they only need acknowledgment letter for my further employment with the company

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:09 am

they can call the employer's helpline

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rshelpline

0300 123 4699

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:28 am

Hi cheshiregoan

I am yet to go for my Bio,etrics. i have already received the biometrics letter, but i cannot use the walk in service in the post office as i have to go with the depandant. I got the biometrics appointment for 4thApril 2011 at Glasgow.

sanjeev.x.kumar

Re: hello sanjeev,

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:31 am

snehagajjala wrote:thanks for all your responses sanjeev i told my employer that i can give them postage proof and the bank statement showing that the money was taken from my account but still they said it cant help me they only need acknowledgment letter for my further employment with the company
You can tell the employer that you have all the proof that your application is under process and it is with the home office. You are legally allowed to work till any decision is made on your application. When did the home office deduct the payment from your bank account? once the payment is deducted, the home office sends the acknowledgment letter within next 1-2 days. so u shud expect the letter from home Office shortly. I can understand your tension as i was also in the same situation. but dont panic. u shud receive the letter from the HO shortly.

snehagajjala
Newly Registered

Post by snehagajjala » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:01 pm

[quote="sanjeev.x.kumar"][quote="snehagajjala"]thanks for all your responses sanjeev i told my employer that i can give them postage proof and the bank statement showing that the money was taken from my account but still they said it cant help me they only need acknowledgment letter for my further employment with the company[/quote]

You can tell the employer that you have all the proof that your application is under process and it is with the home office. You are legally allowed to work till any decision is made on your application. When did the home office deduct the payment from your bank account? once the payment is deducted, the home office sends the acknowledgment letter within next 1-2 days. so u shud expect the letter from home Office shortly. I can understand your tension as i was also in the same situation. but dont panic. u shud receive the letter from the HO shortly.[/quote]

I did even give d employers direct line number sanjeev but my hr said dat HO cant discuss individual cases over d fone. Money was taken on 4th march,2011

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:29 am

snehagajjala wrote:
sanjeev.x.kumar wrote:
snehagajjala wrote:thanks for all your responses sanjeev i told my employer that i can give them postage proof and the bank statement showing that the money was taken from my account but still they said it cant help me they only need acknowledgment letter for my further employment with the company
You can tell the employer that you have all the proof that your application is under process and it is with the home office. You are legally allowed to work till any decision is made on your application. When did the home office deduct the payment from your bank account? once the payment is deducted, the home office sends the acknowledgment letter within next 1-2 days. so u shud expect the letter from home Office shortly. I can understand your tension as i was also in the same situation. but dont panic. u shud receive the letter from the HO shortly.

I did even give d employers direct line number sanjeev but my hr said dat HO cant discuss individual cases over d fone. Money was taken on 4th march,2011
I understand. Employers are too lazy to call the helpline numbers. Tell your HR that they can get it confirmed from HO by calling that number that your appplication is under consideration. If the money was taken on 4th march, you should receive your acknowledgement letter pretty soon. Also, you can expect the Biometrics invitation letter any time soon.