ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Salary : Uplift Ratio and Expenses while in UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hariomt
Newly Registered

Indian Salary : Uplift Ratio and Expenses while in UK?

Post by hariomt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Hello Tier1 Gurus,

I have been living in the UK for the past one and half years.
I receive onsite+offshore salary in India and my expenses are paid while I am in UK.

1) The Indian Salary is close to 2400000 INR (24 lakhs INR) Per annum ( this includes the onsite salary component as well)
2) My expenses are paid while I am in UK, however the mode of payment is directly to my credit card i.e. I use my credit card (AmEx) for expenses and the credit card bill is paid by my employer directly. (Expenses include house rent,Car allowance etc)

I have two questions:
a) Can I apply the uplift ratio for my Indian Salary?
b) Can I include my expenses in my earnings? If Yes, what documents would suffice this component?

Thanks for the help in advance.

jason23

Re: Indian Salary : Uplift Ratio and Expenses while in UK?

Post by jason23 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 am

hariomt wrote:Hello Tier1 Gurus,

I receive onsite+offshore salary in India and my expenses are paid while I am in UK.

1) The Indian Salary is close to 2400000 INR (24 lakhs INR) Per annum ( this includes the onsite salary component as well)
2) My expenses are paid while I am in UK, however the mode of payment is directly to my credit card i.e. I use my credit card (AmEx) for expenses and the credit card bill is paid by my employer directly. (Expenses include house rent,Car allowance etc)

I have two questions:
a) Can I apply the uplift ratio for my Indian Salary? No. As you can only apply the uplift ratio if you have been present in the country in question..in this case you would have to have proof that you were present in India when earnings were madeb) Can I include my expenses in my earnings? If Yes, what documents would suffice this component?
Two ways to determine if your expenses can be claimed
1. Are they being taxed?
2. Are they reimbursed to you?
If your answer is yes to EITHER of these questions then you cannot claim these as earnings.

manojk005

Re: Indian Salary : Uplift Ratio and Expenses while in UK?

Post by manojk005 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 am

hariomt wrote:Hello Tier1 Gurus,

I have two questions:
a) Can I apply the uplift ratio for my Indian Salary?
b) Can I include my expenses in my earnings? If Yes, what documents would suffice this component?

Reading guidance on UKBA site will help as all these questions are answered crystal clear. If you still do not understand then hire a solicitor for help.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:34 am

I would like to add that IMHO as per research Ive done on this, reimbursed expenses can not be claimed as they are not income, they are just "making you whole" for the expenses you have already incurred.

Its not same as income as they are not making you any better.