ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:35 am

lefty298 wrote:Hi Nanette, Hotspurs,
I could do with some expert advice from you both...my application for naturalization (based on 5 yr stay, applied in Dec. 2008) is in the 'final stages' of processing and awaiting a decision from Minister's Office, so I've been told in the last 5 weeks that I've been calling the Department. However, when I ran on Tuesday this week, the lady told me it was actually sent to the minister just 2 weeks back, so should wait few more weeks! Strange contradictory messages. :( Any guess when I might get the oath letter? The new cabinet got formed today so I'm guessing the new Minister will take his time to settle down before approving the applications.
Also, does the fact that the application is with the Minister mean it will be approved or is there still an 'if' ? I don't have any penalty points or Garda encounters..

Thanks a lot!
Hi there,
Relax. if they said it's in 'final' Stages, it's defenitely with the Minister & possibly already 'Approved'. Yes, there's a lot of contradictory answers from each Mary when it comes to when it was sent. i was told mine was sent on jan 13th & my mate's on jan 19th but his approval came thru 10 days in advance. I suspect INIS hold the letter of Approval for a littlewhile cuz when i called on Mar 1st, the lady asked me to be ready with € 950 & pp fotos & the file looks ok & it's in 'final' stages. Presto !! the letter arrived the next day. i would advise you to be ready with € 950 & Passport size fotos. it'll come thru.

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:29 am

Thanks Hotspurs! I'll keep the eur 950 draft and photos ready. Wil a bank draft do or does it have to be a postal order ? Any particular requirements for the photos or can I get them taken at a pharmacy ?
Checking post every day now...

Thanks!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 am

I could do with some expert advice from you both...my application for naturalization (based on 5 yr stay, applied in Dec. 2008) is in the 'final stages' of processing and awaiting a decision from Minister's Office, so I've been told in the last 5 weeks that I've been calling the Department. However, when I ran on Tuesday this week, the lady told me it was actually sent to the minister just 2 weeks back, so should wait few more weeks! Strange contradictory messages. :( Any guess when I might get the oath letter? The new cabinet got formed today so I'm guessing the new Minister will take his time to settle down before approving the applications.
Also, does the fact that the application is with the Minister mean it will be approved or is there still an 'if' ? I don't have any penalty points or Garda encounters..

Thanks a lot!
Can I ask you Lefty98?
Did they ask you for further documents? and when did they ask you?
I applied 21 months ago and no news since.
peace on you

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 am

Hi Irish Pharoe,
Applied Dec. 08, asked for additional docs in Aug 2010, sent them promptly, then mid Feb onwards, they've been telling me on phone that my file is in final stages, with the Minister.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:49 am

Hi lefty298, please excuse my curiosity, did you apply on the basis of 5 years stay having a Work Permits/Work Autorisations? I've applied in October 08 and they're still waiting for an outside agencies to get back to them. The fact your app has gone through sounds very promising...

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:50 am

Hi lefty298, please excuse my curiosity, did you apply on the basis of 5 years stay having a Work Permits/Work Autorisations? I've applied in October 08 and they're still waiting for an outside agencies to get back to them. The fact your app has gone through sounds very promising...

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:51 am

Doubled

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Just got off the phone and I was told my file has come back from the Minister's office and is in the very final stages of processing but will take another few weeks to send out the approval letter. Just wondering if this means 1 week or more like 2-3 weeks or could it even be 2-3 days?

Thanks!
Last edited by lefty298 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:40 pm

lefty298 you've been recommended for citizenship....so you should have it in a couple of weeks

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

Thanks a lot!

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Marisa wrote:Hi lefty298, please excuse my curiosity, did you apply on the basis of 5 years stay having a Work Permits/Work Autorisations? I've applied in October 08 and they're still waiting for an outside agencies to get back to them. The fact your app has gone through sounds very promising...
Hi Marisa,
From my experience, most times when INIS tell you they`re waiting for an outside agency it means they`re waiting for Social Welfare Report to come back to them from the Social Welfare Office. That could equally mean your Garda Report is back and is OK. You can speed up the process by collecting a stamped letter-headed letter from your local social welfare officer which should specify your S.Welfare affairs.
Goodluck.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks for replying, nd2011!
I've called the Citizenship section right after I posted my message here and the lady said they're expecting to my Garda report to come through "any time soon".

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Yes Marisa,
5 years on Work Permit...hope the processing goes fast for you too!
Marisa wrote:Hi lefty298, please excuse my curiosity, did you apply on the basis of 5 years stay having a Work Permits/Work Autorisations? I've applied in October 08 and they're still waiting for an outside agencies to get back to them. The fact your app has gone through sounds very promising...

HOTSPURS

hi

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm

lefty298 wrote:Thanks Hotspurs! I'll keep the eur 950 draft and photos ready. Wil a bank draft do or does it have to be a postal order ? Any particular requirements for the photos or can I get them taken at a pharmacy ?

Thanks!
Hi lefty298

€ 950 Bank draft will do (Govt duty 2.40 € :lol: ) & 2 Irish Passport size fotos at any pharmacy with your ref number 68/----/08 written on the back, your Original GNIB card & the Yellow form with the Judge's endorsement. Good luck !

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Thank you, lefty298. Sincere congratulations to you again)

monte

Post by monte » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi guys,
i applied June 2008 and still waiting & cos I'm always busy in the morning i couldn't call so i send letters, today i got a reply saying( my application is being processed in normal way with a view to establishing weather i meet statutory conditions for naturalization), i guess this is the standard letter they send to all people.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:08 pm

golwaycat wrote:Hi All ,

I had applied in Sept 05 and have not received any responce so far beasides a letter 2 years go stating they will examine my file in more detail. The acknowledgement letter from the Dept to my application is dated Sept 29th 05. Do I need to write to them for a status or shall I just wait ............. thanks to let me know

Cheers
GG
OMG! :shock: :shock: Are you serious?! 2005 you say?! :shock: :shock:

I'll advice you to get on to your local TD if you have not already done so.

Still can't believe this really :x

lefty298
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by lefty298 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks Hotspurs, Nanette! Should the eur 950 draft be made to "Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform" or is it something else? I called the Citizenship section yesterday and was told the file is back from the minister but it will still take a few weeks to send out the approval letter. Is that generally true or could it be few days instead (or am I too hopeful!). I'll keep the photos and draft ready...
Thanks
HOTSPURS wrote:
lefty298 wrote:Thanks Hotspurs! I'll keep the eur 950 draft and photos ready. Wil a bank draft do or does it have to be a postal order ? Any particular requirements for the photos or can I get them taken at a pharmacy ?

Thanks!
Hi lefty298

€ 950 Bank draft will do (Govt duty 2.40 € :lol: ) & 2 Irish Passport size fotos at any pharmacy with your ref number 68/----/08 written on the back, your Original GNIB card & the Yellow form with the Judge's endorsement. Good luck !

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

lefty298 and Marisa,
Did you receive any letter asking for additional docs?
if so , when did you receive that.

miso1
Newly Registered

Post by miso1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:00 am

Hi folks, found this while browsing on internet:

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=we ... 4A&cad=rja

It looks of some kind of INIS plan of future activities, its called Action plan 2011. What caught my attention is the bottom section on page 7 of the document. It says:

"Process improvement and improved service delivery including:
Review existing customer and communications practices and devise enhanced arrangements that are consistent with operational and business needs and priorities, the needs of customers and the resource envelope available in the immigration area.
Examination and streamlining of existing INIS, ORAC, RAT and RIA work processing arrangements with a view to improving efficiency and reducing processing times. Continued application and ongoing review by ORAC and RAT of effective output targets in processing asylum applications and appeals respectively.

2011 onwards
2011 onwards – review of citizenship applications procedures complete by March 2011
Improved service to INIS customers.
Improved customer service. Speedier decisions for applicants. Increased processing of cases with existing staff resources. Reduction in backlogs and reduced pressure on direct provision system with consequent cost reductions."

What do you think, would this have any effect on processing times or it was just another lip service from the past government?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks for the link miso 1. 'Talk is cheap', as the saying goes. When we see it we'll believe it. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to fix the problem with INIS.

That said, I think it is worthy of note that this is the fist attempt IMO for the INIS to publicize the strategic plan of the service. From a consumer/service user point of view, it is a marked departure from the existing culture of defensiveness and lack of openness. At least we now have a template to benchmark the activities of the INIS against. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the organizations such as the Irish Migrant Center etc to carry out an independent audit of INIS compliance against these set of objectives and forward same to both the minister of Justice and the newly created minister of public sector reform.

9jeirean

miso1
Newly Registered

Post by miso1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks 9jeirean,

here is another link,

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/ju ... cords.html

This one is from CIC and is about Garda records, or Garda PULSE system. It explains what it is and how members of public can access it... May be useful...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:57 am

miso1 wrote:Thanks 9jeirean,

here is another link,

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/ju ... cords.html

This one is from CIC and is about Garda records, or Garda PULSE system. It explains what it is and how members of public can access it... May be useful...
Cheers! Thanks mate :wink:

9jeirean

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:07 pm

2011 onwards
2011 onwards – review of citizenship applications procedures complete by March 2011
Improved service to INIS customers.
Improved customer service. Speedier decisions for applicants. Increased processing of cases with existing staff resources. Reduction in backlogs and reduced pressure on direct provision system with consequent cost reductions."

The main concern about that, they might put priority for the 2011 applicants just to match their strategic plan and forget all about the old applicants as they mentioned they would reduce the backlogs and they did not mention to finish what is in hand first. also they put time frame for the 2011 applicants but they did not put time frame for the backlogs.
peace on you

miso1
Newly Registered

Post by miso1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Not sure I can agree with you, Irish Pharoe.

My understanding of this is that INIS will finish with review of its processing procedures by March 2011. The result of that review should be improved service to its costumers (us), demonstrated in speedier decision making, increased processing of cases and reduction of backlog. Looks quite straightforward process to me.

Although, its INIS we are talking about here... :?

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Right It is INIS :lol:
Also you can put whatever strategic plans but you need the resources (I mean the efficient resources) who will apply this plan.
peace on you