ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form for Kids

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bangashk

MN1 Form for Kids

Post by bangashk » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:45 am

Dear all,

We have been recently granted ILR and now I am in process of filling MN1 form for my kids (03 years). I have couple of queries and would really appreciate your quick advise:

1. Do we need to fill-in Section 2 Residence Requirement for kids born in UK? My understanding from the guidance is that this section is only for those kids who have born outside UK and now residing with their parents in UK.
2. What supporting documents do I need to attach with the application form? I think they only ask for full birth certificate for UK born kids, am I right?
3. How many photographs do we need to attach. I know that we need to attach one on the reference page but how many in total?

Many thanks in advance.

Warm regards

bangashk

Post by bangashk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:49 am

please help.....i am not getting any clue.....

nax_72

Re: MN1 Form for Kids

Post by nax_72 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:06 pm

1. Do we need to fill-in Section 2 Residence Requirement for kids born in UK? My understanding from the guidance is that this section is only for those kids who have born outside UK and now residing with their parents in UK.

Hope your kid was born in the UK before you guys received the ILR. You need to fill section 2 residence requirement for the kids. But do not worry about the number of days the kid was outside the UK. Just fill in all the dates the kid went out of UK and came back. I did this for both my kids who were born here in the UK before we received the ILR.

2. What supporting documents do I need to attach with the application form? I think they only ask for full birth certificate for UK born kids, am I right?

You need to attach kid passport (native country) if you have one. Kid's UK birth certificate. Your marriage certificate. It is also good that you send your passport which holds the ILR sticker. They will send all the original back. I have not seen anywhere to include the parent's passport with ILR sticker. But I feel it will be the proof that the parent has a ILR now for the kid to apply for the registration. If you do not like to send your passport then it is left to your choice. I did that as I applied for my naturalization also at the same time.

3. How many photographs do we need to attach. I know that we need to attach one on the reference page but how many in total?

Only one photograph in the referee page. Staple it in the background area without damaging any face content.

bangashk

Post by bangashk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 pm

thank you - much appreciated.

warm regards