ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

the only way to do this by employing people from other countries. Irish are good in producing fancy words.

miso1
Newly Registered

Post by miso1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:01 pm

bugu07 wrote:the only way to do this by employing people from other countries.
:D
I think they should employ us, aspiring new Irish citizens, to speed up the process. After all we know the system from "inside".
:mrgreen:

Seriously now, this situation reminds me a bit to the situation with traffic jams in Dublin in early to mid '00s. It took some time but it got sorted at the end.

Or I am just a natural optimist... :mrgreen:

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks for the link i m sending letter to them.
miso1 wrote:Thanks 9jeirean,

here is another link,

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/ju ... cords.html

This one is from CIC and is about Garda records, or Garda PULSE system. It explains what it is and how members of public can access it... May be useful...

HOTSPURS

Re: hi

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 pm

lefty298 wrote:Thanks Hotspurs, Nanette! Should the eur 950 draft be made to "Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform" or is it something else? Thanks!
Hi lefty298

€ 950 Bank draft payable to 'Secretary General, Department of Justice and Law Reform' - good luck

lefty298
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by lefty298 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks Hotspurs! Hoping next week is the lucky week but Paddy's day could slow things yet again! :?
HOTSPURS wrote:
lefty298 wrote:Thanks Hotspurs, Nanette! Should the eur 950 draft be made to "Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform" or is it something else? Thanks!
Hi lefty298

€ 950 Bank draft payable to 'Secretary General, Department of Justice and Law Reform' - good luck

Irlnew
Newly Registered

Post by Irlnew » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:41 pm

I have been assked to submit passport and naturalisation reference numbers of my two references, who were naturalised irish citizens. One of the referencee, got naturalised around 20 years ago and did not have his natruralisation cert (misplaced during house move), but can provide passport.

Any ideas? Will the dept accept?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Irlnew wrote:I have been assked to submit passport and naturalisation reference numbers of my two references, who were naturalised irish citizens. One of the referencee, got naturalised around 20 years ago and did not have his natruralisation cert (misplaced during house move), but can provide passport.

You can try sending their passports but in reality the certificate of naturalisation is a more important document than the passport. Probably they looked at the names of the references and since it was not Irish sounding they want to cross-check if these references are really Irish citizens.
By the way when did you apply for naturalisation.

Irlnew
Newly Registered

Post by Irlnew » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 am

Agreed, naturalisation certificate is more important than the Passport. Can I give new reference in that case?

strongbow wrote:
Irlnew wrote:I have been assked to submit passport and naturalisation reference numbers of my two references, who were naturalised irish citizens. One of the referencee, got naturalised around 20 years ago and did not have his natruralisation cert (misplaced during house move), but can provide passport.

You can try sending their passports but in reality the certificate of naturalisation is a more important document than the passport. Probably they looked at the names of the references and since it was not Irish sounding they want to cross-check if these references are really Irish citizens.
Last edited by Irlnew on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Irlnew wrote:My application was submitted based on marriage to irish citizen in August.09.

Agreed, naturalisation certificate is more important than the Passport. Can I give new reference in that case?

strongbow wrote:

You are better off sticking to the old references . Just give them their passport copies etc if you have it and see what they come back with.
If you give brand new references they might further suspect that some things are wrong.
NOTE: I dont know the internal workings of DoJ so I dont consider myself to be an authority on this topic. Maybe others in this forum can give you some better advice.

Latan

Post by Latan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:52 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by Latan on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latan

Post by Latan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:06 pm

.....rumour has it that the new qualifying-period for naturalisation as an irish citizen will be increased from the current 60 months (i.e 5 years) to 96 months legal residence (i.e 8 years) before an application can be lodged to bring ireland in-line with other european countries within the next couple of months-not a bad idea.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Latan wrote:.....rumour has it that the new qualifying-period for naturalisation as an irish citizen will be increased from the current 60 months (i.e 5 years) to 96 months legal residence (i.e 8 years) before an application can be lodged to bring ireland in-line with other european countries within the next couple of months-not a bad idea.
Well it could be a good idea if the processing time is cut down, 6months tops. But if they continue with this 30-month saga that will be bringing the wait time to 10+years...not good.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:12 pm

AShawna wrote: Well it could be a good idea if the processing time is cut down, 6months tops. But if they continue with this 30-month saga that will be bringing the wait time to 10+years...not good.
couldnt agree more with your comment!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Latan wrote:.....rumour has it that the new qualifying-period for naturalisation as an irish citizen will be increased from the current 60 months (i.e 5 years) to 96 months legal residence (i.e 8 years) before an application can be lodged to bring ireland in-line with other european countries within the next couple of months-not a bad idea.
Can you explain to me how will that be good?
Do you think that would be good for the already applied?
peace on you

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:02 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
Can you explain to me how will that be good?
Do you think that would be good for the already applied?
If that was to be introduced, it would certainly not affect existing applications Irish Pharoe.

I agree with Ashawna that it would make very little difference if the processing time can be reduced to between 6mnths to 1 year. Already we have seen cases of people who have submitted their application in 2006 still waiting. Given a 5 years pre-application residency requirement, that makes it at least 11 years ago since they have been living legally in Ireland. That's not acceptable by any standard, and that is where the problem lies. There's more to bringing thing in line with Europe than just increasing the residency requirement, they should also aim at bringing the processing period in line with what obtains across Europe as well.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:40 pm

no offence Latan but y ur every post is screwy, do u have some internal contacts with DoJ, can u not request them to speed up please

Latan

Post by Latan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:33 pm

The idea behind the increased residency requirement i was told is to allow the current backlog of applicants to be processed more quickly which in turn will have a positive effect on processing times for recently-submitted applicants as well as new applications for irish-citizenship.

Latan

Post by Latan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:33 pm

....and that's been said by a newly-elected TD in Co Dublin....who's got an intrerest in immigration matters..,..

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:03 am

Latan wrote:The idea behind the increased residency requirement i was told is to allow the current backlog of applicants to be processed more quickly which in turn will have a positive effect on processing times for recently-submitted applicants as well as new applications for irish-citizenship.
I think that would match their strategic plan for 2011.
peace on you

monte

Post by monte » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Guys,
i called today for the first time since i applied in June 2008 and was told my file was sent to an outside agency (no date giving), anyone knows roughly when i should expect a decision on my application,
thanks.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:06 pm

monte wrote:Hi Guys,
i called today for the first time since i applied in June 2008 and was told my file was sent to an outside agency (no date giving), anyone knows roughly when i should expect a decision on my application,
thanks.
Hi Monte,
Just to clarify, did they say: (i)your app has been sent for decision or (ii) that they are waiting on outside agency? I ask b/c there's a difference between the two. The former means that they are still waiting on report from either SW or Garda, while the latter means that your file has been sent to the minister for a decision.

Thanks

9jeirean

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 pm

I called them again today after being told last thursday that my file was back from the Minister's Office. I was told today that the file is in fact still with the Minister and I was 'misinformed' on Thursday!!! Unbelievable!! How ridiculous can this system get where they ask for the reference number, check your name and still provide incorrect information.
Anyway, the lady was nice enough to tell me that my file was sent to the Minister on Feb 17th so should be back next few weeks.
Dont know what to think but I guess it will be a few weeks at least... :(

monte

Post by monte » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi 9jeirean,
i think what she meant was that they are waiting outside agency because she said this process usually takes 6-9 months although she didn't say when did they request the information from the agency,
do they usually ask for further documents after they get the SW and Gaurda reports or before it or before it because i was never asked for any further documents!?
9jeirean wrote:
monte wrote:Hi Guys,
thanks.
Hi Monte,
Just to clarify, did they say: (i)your app has been sent for decision or (ii) that they are waiting on outside agency? I ask b/c there's a difference between the two. The former means that they are still waiting on report from either SW or Garda, while the latter means that your file has been sent to the minister for a decision.

Thanks

9jeirean

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 pm

monte wrote:Hi 9jeirean,
i think what she meant was that they are waiting outside agency because she said this process usually takes 6-9 months although she didn't say when did they request the information from the agency,
do they usually ask for further documents after they get the SW and Gaurda reports or before it or before it because i was never asked for any further documents!?
In that case, your file is still at the "further processing" stage. They are waiting on either your social welfare, Garda report or both. Once both report are received and everything is in order, your file will be sent to the minister's office for approval. For now, you can only hope that those reports come back on time.

9jeirean.

monte

Post by monte » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:32 am

Thanks 9jeirean,
i want to ask if they normally request further documents before or after the gaurda checks? do you know?
9jeirean wrote:
monte wrote:Hi 9jeirean,

In that case, your file is still at the "further processing" stage. They are waiting on either your social welfare, Garda report or both. Once both report are received and everything is in order, your file will be sent to the minister's office for approval. For now, you can only hope that those reports come back on time.

9jeirean.