ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW funds problem - pls give advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veyronj
Newly Registered

PSW funds problem - pls give advice

Post by veyronj » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi there, my Uk account does not have £800 for 90 days, my overseas account has but its less than 90 days.

Can I use my parents bank account statement and a letter stating they will support me like how I did in Tier 4 application? hows my chance?

Anyone has the same situation before? I called up workpermit.com and she said no1 did it before. :shock:

Thank you in advance!

jlewisunh

Re: PSW funds problem - pls give advice

Post by jlewisunh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:05 pm

veyronj wrote:Hi there, my Uk account does not have £800 for 90 days, my overseas account has but its less than 90 days.

Can I use my parents bank account statement and a letter stating they will support me like how I did in Tier 4 application? hows my chance?

Anyone has the same situation before? I called up workpermit.com and she said no1 did it before. :shock:

Thank you in advance!
You cannot use your parents' account unless your name is on it.

veyronj
Newly Registered

Post by veyronj » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:09 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
veyronj wrote:Hi there, my Uk account does not have £800 for 90 days, my overseas account has but its less than 90 days.

Thank you in advance!
You cannot use your parents' account unless your name is on it.
are you sure? :( even with a letter saying they will support me etc?
has anyone had the same case before?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:10 am

veyronj wrote:are you sure? :(
Read the policy guidance. Does it say that an applicant may use an account in which he/she is not named as an account holder? Or that applicant may use "letter of support" from individuals?

regards

veyronj
Newly Registered

Post by veyronj » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
veyronj wrote:are you sure? :(
Read the policy guidance. Does it say that an applicant may use an account in which he/she is not named as an account holder? Or that applicant may use "letter of support" from individuals?

regards
Yes it does not say. Thank you for pointing that out. I noticed that they did not state that as well, and I asked UCL rights and advice before, they told me the tricky part is they did not state it. Therefore, they suggest I can give it a try.

Has anyone tried it before? using parents account? thanks alot. :(

veyronj
Newly Registered

Post by veyronj » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Now I've figured out a way. My gf has an account with £800 more than 90 days. If I make that account me and her joint account, and request a an account printout from the bank after i join her.

Will this work? Thanks alot.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:21 pm

probably....! but not 100% that it would work

you are suppose to be joint account holder for the entire duration.

if caseworker go for extra checks, you will get find out! as technically YOU did not maintain required funds for all 90 days in YOUR account!

but if he doesnt, then you will be alright...

m4r0ck
Newly Registered

Post by m4r0ck » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:14 am

I tried it before in the hope to speed up thing and knew that it will not work, and it didn't... you should have the bank statements having your name. I used a letter to prove that but it was not considered as I had to have this money under my name.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:36 am

veyronj wrote:Now I've figured out a way. My gf has an account with £800 more than 90 days. If I make that account me and her joint account, and request a an account printout from the bank after i join her.

Will this work? Thanks alot.
And if UKBA undertakes verification with bank and finds out that you have not been a joint account holder for 90 days, then you may be accused of "deception / false representation". Want to risk that? Your choice.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm

You can use more than one account for showing the 800 for 90 days.

So if your balance has dropped in the UK by 10 pounds, if you had 10 pounds at overseas bnk it should do the job.

The accounts should have your names, if you use joint account, accompany it with the letter that you can have access to the funds.