ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IMP: Tier 1 Visa rejected but documents still with UKBA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prisi
Newly Registered

IMP: Tier 1 Visa rejected but documents still with UKBA

Post by prisi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 am

Hi,

I applied for Tier 1 visa on 19th Jan at Croydon Public Office.

They refused my application on th basis of salary and said that it will be again reviewed by Refusal Officer. They also asked me to send some additional document by post. I posted the document within 2 days.

Till today I have not received my passport.
Can anyone please tell me the timeline and methods of finding out where is my passport?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Prisi

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:26 am

did they give you any paperwork to say your application had been rejected or did they say that they couldn't make a decison and required further information?

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 am

Prisi - what was the actual reason for the refusal? can you please elaborate?

prisi
Newly Registered

Reason

Post by prisi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:47 am

They said verbally that due to improper documents, they are refusing to give Visa and the case will be studied by a refusal officer. They also gave a letter which says that it is under review.

The reason for rejection was confusion due to salary. As I am with an Indian company, my salary use to come in GBP but the payslip is in INR. They converted that days Salary from INR to GBP through OANDA and it didnt match as conversion in companies differ from OANDA. So they asked me to send a document from employer for each months salary and I sent it within 2 days.

This is 5th week and I am damn scared when will I get my passport as just now I changed my house and am going daily to the old house to see whether anything came.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:58 am

OK so they haven't refused your application, they have said that they can't make a decision on the day, and have asked you to send further evidence. Your passport is still therefore still with the caseworking team.

As they couldn't make a decison the same day your application will take as long as it would have done if you had applied by post. 4/5 weeks seems to be average so unfortunately you willl have to keep waiting. If you have changed address you should inform them.

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:02 am

The best thing for you would be to redirect all your mails to your new address by visiting royal mail's website, so that you dont have to run to your old flat everyday to check for the post. There is a small fee for this service but once you redirect all the mails to your new address, it will give you peace of mind.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Reason

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:17 am

To me its more like UKBA couldn't reach to a decision either to let you have visa or refuse your application. Henceforth, they have hold on to your file and it will be processed normally. I think you are going to have to be patient for a little while. Sorry but it will be painful ride. Have faith x
prisi wrote:They said verbally that due to improper documents, they are refusing to give Visa and the case will be studied by a refusal officer. They also gave a letter which says that it is under review.

The reason for rejection was confusion due to salary. As I am with an Indian company, my salary use to come in GBP but the payslip is in INR. They converted that days Salary from INR to GBP through OANDA and it didnt match as conversion in companies differ from OANDA. So they asked me to send a document from employer for each months salary and I sent it within 2 days.

This is 5th week and I am damn scared when will I get my passport as just now I changed my house and am going daily to the old house to see whether anything came.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Agree with Greenie that the decision has been deferred by the caseworker for further evaluation / investigation(s) / verification(s) ...... and not refused.

Had your application been refused, they wouldn't asked you to submit / provide additional documents and would have returned your passport then and there itself.

You'll know of the decision only after UKBA completes their evaluation and / or investigations, and no one can tell you when this may happen.

regards

prisi
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by prisi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Thanks everyone for all your comments/advices.
I guess i will have to wait only, but i have no clue on how long to wait for this.Just hoping to receive my passport back with visa stamped. Not sure, if they are considering it as a postal case, which means i shud expect the passport back by end of this week as this is 5th week now.

jijo
Newly Registered

Re: IMP: Tier 1 Visa rejected but documents still with UKBA

Post by jijo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:00 pm

What document you provided?
prisi wrote:Hi,

I applied for Tier 1 visa on 19th Jan at Croydon Public Office.

They refused my application on th basis of salary and said that it will be again reviewed by Refusal Officer. They also asked me to send some additional document by post. I posted the document within 2 days.

Till today I have not received my passport.
Can anyone please tell me the timeline and methods of finding out where is my passport?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Prisi

prisi
Newly Registered

Re: IMP: Tier 1 Visa rejected but documents still with UKBA

Post by prisi » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Still nothing has come till today..!!
No response from UK BA

My case is not a self employment case where there will be lot of investigations happening for self employment....still i am not able to understand what is taking so long for UK BA to take a decision on my application. Can i simply fax them? will it work?
Does anyone have the fax number?

UKorUS
Newly Registered

Post by UKorUS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:03 pm

sorry to hear this. Since the hardlining of immigration policy I am seeing an increasingly closed BA that isn't forthcoming in many of its decisions. Have patience.... law of the land