ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEWBIE GOT HER PR!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

algorithm00
Newly Registered

NEWBIE GOT HER PR!!

Post by algorithm00 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Hello everybody, I wouldn't exactly say that I am new to this forum because I have been reading posts on this forum for some years now and I must say that I gained a lot of useful information relating to getting PR using the EEA4 route. I have decided to add my post so that others can have an idea of current processing times. I received my PR this week after 3 months and 12 days. My history below:
- I married my wonderful husband in Oct 2004
- I applied for Residence card in Apr 2006
- I received RC 3 months later in Jul 2006, valid till Jul 2011
- After reading in this forum that PR is aquired after 5 years of marriage NOT 5 years from issue of RC, I applied for PR in Nov 2010 (yes I know I could have applied for PR in 2009 but husband was out of employment for a while).
- I received my PR on 8th March 2011 :D

Once again, thanks to everyone in this forum for the good work!
Feel free to ask questions for any info that I may have left out that is of interest to you.

polandtrade
Newly Registered

happey

Post by polandtrade » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 am

first congratulation for you and im happey that you got your PR.just i have small qustion you said that your husbend he was out of work??how long he was out of his work ?and the another small qustion does he hold the comprehensive insurance sickness becouse the fact is im non eea family member i been in full time work for 5 year with no break and my wife she had gab about 2 year (out of work ) she is eea ..and in the end thans for your help

polandtrade
Newly Registered

happey

Post by polandtrade » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 am

first congratulation for you and im happey that you got your PR.just i have small qustion you said that your husbend he was out of work??how long he was out of his work ?and the another small qustion does he hold the comprehensive insurance sickness becouse the fact is im non eea family member i been in full time work for 5 year with no break and my wife she had gab about 2 year (out of work ) she is eea ..and in the end thans for your help

algorithm00
Newly Registered

Post by algorithm00 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks polandtrade. my husband was out of employment in 2004 so I did not include this period when counting the 5 years. I included 2005 - 2010. he did not have comprehensive sickness insurance for 2004 and thankfully did not need to provide one because we did not include that period in our submission. I am by no means a pro but if your wife was out of work for 2 years, then she should have got comprehensive sickness insurance to cover that period. it is good that you have been working for 5 years without a break but they are more interested in whether your wife has been working without any break. unfortunately if your wife was not working for 2 years and cannot qualify under another field (self employed, student, retired), then you may not be able to count these 2 years as part of the qualifying 5 years.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:42 pm

algorithm00 wrote:it is good that you have been working for 5 years without a break but they are more interested in whether your wife has been working without any break. unfortunately if your wife was not working for 2 years and cannot qualify under another field (self employed, student, retired), then you may not be able to count these 2 years as part of the qualifying 5 years.
Half right. The UKBA is interested in the EU national being able to prove that they have been exercising treaty rights in line with the EU regulations for the whole five year period. So whether (self) employed, job seeker, self sufficient, studying (of which the latter two require comprehensive sickness insurance).

To polandtrade: When was your EU spouse self sufficient? Was it at the start middle of your residence in the UK? If she still is, then you need to get CSC immediately. As was rightly pointed out, the self sufficient period your wife has spent w/out CSC will not count towards PR.

poltrade

thanks

Post by poltrade » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Thank you algorithm00,Plum70 for the answer....
i see that i should leave my case for luck .becouse we dont have that lovely insurance and in fact we didnt know that we need its,i thought im working im paying tax and insurance that fine .....
-2- my wife she had the break in the middle of my residence in the UK so now i think we dont need its.......
but any way i still have hope that i will get my PR ,becouse i read and i heard that some peaple they got the PR even they dont have the insurance and hopefully i will be 1 of them .... :D :D :D :D i will apply soon so i will keep the update ........