ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EXTENSION REFUSED DUE TO SHORT OF MONEY

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunmoon

EXTENSION REFUSED DUE TO SHORT OF MONEY

Post by sunmoon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:10 pm

I met a guy (know him for a long time) on the London tube this evening and came to know that his student visa(T 4) extension application was refused recently with a right to appeal.
The reason was: He had 500 pounds instead of 800 in his bank account for last 16 days of the 1 month required period ! He was expecting some money coming to his account from his home country but it was delayed for some reason and unfortunately his visa was expiring at the same time so he had no choice but applied with short amount of fund and got the refusal.
His solicitor wants to appeal against it and told him if he got enough money in his account during the appeal time, which he has got now, then his appeal will be approved.

Could anyone please put some hope for the poor guy ! as I'm confused myself and was unable to give him some hopeful comments.

andsyl
Newly Registered

Post by andsyl » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:03 am

If your friend can prove that he had moment at the time of applying the aapeal may be allowed. Since he had not enough in the account submitted to the UKBA, the amount of money in that account will not help the appeal.

If your friend can prove that he had the required amount in a different account, that account should be used instead to support his appeal.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:12 am

following the Pankina judgement the rules have been changed to incorporate the 28 day requirement so if he made his application after 23 July 2010 then he needs to have had the funds for a consecutive 28 day period.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:21 am

Greenie wrote:following the Pankina judgement the rules have been changed to incorporate the 28 day requirement so if he made his application after 23 July 2010 then he needs to have had the funds for a consecutive 28 day period.
Thanks Greenie. He has more than the required amount in his account now what will happen if he appeal now, any idea ?

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:26 am

andsyl wrote:If your friend can prove that he had moment at the time of applying the aapeal may be allowed. Since he had not enough in the account submitted to the UKBA, the amount of money in that account will not help the appeal.
What does it mean ? could you clear it please ?

If your friend can prove that he had the required amount in a different account, that account should be used instead to support his appeal.

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:45 am

sunmoon wrote:
andsyl wrote:If your friend can prove that he had moment at the time of applying the aapeal may be allowed. Since he had not enough in the account submitted to the UKBA, the amount of money in that account will not help the appeal.
What does it mean ? could you clear it please ?

if he had another account with correct money (or added with the statement he sent) at the time of application he can

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:39 am

Regarding maintenance fund, the concession againt Pankina Judgement is only for specific time period. I think from Jun'10-to-July'10 applications.

Now that policy guidance been incorporated as 'Law'. So now there is no more concession and the requirement of having funds from 28 days must be met at the time of application otherwise application will be refused.

And the requirement is 'at the time of application'. After that you can bring one million pounds but you cannot bring that 'time' back!
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 am

kkj wrote:Regarding maintenance fund, the concession againt Pankina Judgement is only for specific time period. I think from Jun'10-to-July'10 applications.

Now that policy guidance been incorporated as 'Law'. So now there is no more concession and the requirement of having funds from 28 days must be met at the time of application otherwise application will be refused.

And the requirement is 'at the time of application'. After that you can bring one million pounds but you cannot bring that 'time' back!
I was also thinking like that thats why I couldn't tell him anything but asking the forum members if my thought was not correct.