ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:59 pm

keikeichris wrote: Sending my Application without COS today. With a covering letter from my employer and a personal letter. my VISA exp tomorrow. Good luck everyone.. Hope everything will be fine.
Are u sending yours too? with COS next week or so?
Let us know..any movements.. Thx again !
Chris
Best of luck Chris. My visa expires on 9/03 and will wait until for my COS until 08/03.

Wondering what evidence we need to show six month employment with the same employer. I have got the payslips. Is this evidence sufficent?

Can i make application on the very last day e.g. on the day of 09/03 when my current leave expires?

Thanks

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 am

treefriend wrote:
keikeichris wrote: Sending my Application without COS today. With a covering letter from my employer and a personal letter. my VISA exp tomorrow. Good luck everyone.. Hope everything will be fine.
Are u sending yours too? with COS next week or so?
Let us know..any movements.. Thx again !
Chris
Best of luck Chris. My visa expires on 9/03 and will wait until for my COS until 08/03.

Wondering what evidence we need to show six month employment with the same employer. I have got the payslips. Is this evidence sufficent?

Can i make application on the very last day e.g. on the day of 09/03 when my current leave expires?

Thanks
I just sent my pay slips really or bank statements if they pay directly into your account. And I guess u can send it on the very last day as long as is before your current leave of expire. I had to send on the 5th bcoz. 6th is sunday..so post office close.. Good luck to u too
regards will update as soon as possible

PLease anyone if has any news from the 4h panel please write something...Many thx

Chris..

vp327
Newly Registered

Post by vp327 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:44 pm

My cos application got rejected.....just now received an e-mail....

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

vp327 wrote:My cos application got rejected.....just now received an e-mail....
current visa?
job title?
job salary?
reason of refusal?

thanks

vp327
Newly Registered

Post by vp327 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:17 pm

PSW,senior physiotherapist, 27k, Reason for refusal- salary below 32 k....My visa expires on 3 april and new rule will be effective only from 6 april. can i send my visa application without COS on 2nd April ?
Is it possible to use "unrestricted" COS, for those who's visa expires before 6th April?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 pm

only thing i can suggest is....

apply on 3rd without cos

pay your fees by check(5-day delay)

get your cos request submitted on 6th april. if its unrestricted, i woud imagine it will be assigned very quickly.....

come to think of it now, your app would be judged based on current rules( cuz of the date of your app) which means... no chance!

i dont know what to say really.

hopefully someone else will suggest you a solution...(apart from the obvious one, i.e apply from home!)

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:07 am

arsenal49 wrote:only thing i can suggest is....

apply on 3rd without cos

get your cos request submitted on 6th april. if its unrestricted, i woud imagine it will be assigned very quickly.....

come to think of it now, your app would be judged based on current rules( cuz of the date of your app) which means... no chance!

hopefully someone else will suggest you a solution...(apart from the obvious one, i.e apply from home!)
Got COS refused. Salary was below 32k
PSW
worked for same employer for six months
salary level 24k

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 pm

treefriend wrote:

apply on 3rd without cos

PSW
salary level 24k

Sorry to hear that but I would like to know if the position is on the Shortage occupation list? Thank you. Hope everything will work out for you my friend.
regards
Chris

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 am

keikeichris wrote:
treefriend wrote:

apply on 3rd without cos

PSW
salary level 24k

Sorry to hear that but I would like to know if the position is on the Shortage occupation list? Thank you. Hope everything will work out for you my friend.
regards
Chris
Mine was not shortage job, however it would have not made any difference as salary threshold was set to 32k for both kind of jobs

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:44 am

PSW
salary level 24k[/quote]

regards
Chris[/quote]

Mine was not shortage job, however it would have not made any difference as salary threshold was set to 32k for both kind of jobs[/quote]

Just went to see my employer today and we were sorting out the unrestricted COS (GEN), its meant to sent back the form to the sponsor admin this week. restricted will be a month later (limit 20,000)

I wonder if anyone can help with my case, I've sent my tier2 (gen) form, switching from PSW (exp 6th March).if this month panel doesnt allow. then will I be able to get the unrestricted COS?? OR Do I need to go back to my home country and reapply there with a restricted COS allocation?

And Treefriend please update if u've got your COS. and have u sent your application? many thx.
GOod luck with everyone! Keep your faith STRONG!
regards
Chris

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:25 pm

keikeichris wrote:Got COS refused. Salary was below 32k

I wonder if anyone can help with my case, I've sent my tier2 (gen) form, switching from PSW (exp 6th March).if this month panel doesnt allow. then will I be able to get the unrestricted COS?? OR Do I need to go back to my home country and reapply there with a restricted COS allocation?

And Treefriend please update if u've got your COS. and have u sent your application? many thx.
regards
Chris
Chris,
Are u still working for the same employer? I have sent my application for unmarried partner visa. But my employer think that I am eligible to work as my psw expires today. I told him that current extends until the outcome of new application. I am wondering if someone has ukba links which confirms it.

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Code: Select all

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/working_after.php#waiting_tier1
Can I work while I wait for a decision on my Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) application?

If you have applied under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) before your immigration permission to be in the UK as a student expires, you can work full-time while you wait for the decision on your Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) application. You can carry on working full-time even after your student permission expires, if you are still waiting for the decision at that stage. But you must not:

* engage in business, self-employment or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer
* pursue a career by filling a permanent full-time vacancy
hope this helps

edit: it might not seem relevant to you at first sight but if you go to that link... just under the reply there is an attachment. Show it to your employer! that would explain your legal position

If thats not enough, ask your employer to contact UKBA and request your immigration status

cheers

ashleyransoo

Post by ashleyransoo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Dear friends.

I was once like you, was fighting to get a COS number.

Was on PSW, non-shortage occupation. But salary not at 36K as at January panel, so was struggling to get a COS.

Meantime, my visa ran out, but I got right of appeal since I sent my application without COS before the expiry date. They obviously refused the application because of no COS.

But I went to First tier tribunal and won the appeal on the grounds that I'm on PSW, and employer had a license to sponsor me but not the fault of the employer if UKBA is not giving a COS number because of the limit. Also, if you guys have been applying for COS before december 21, then it gives you more chances of winning the appeal since the interim limit was deemed unlawful before that date. Technically you should have been given a COS for any application made before that.

Note: your job still needs to follow codes of practice and that you have been working for same employer for last 6 months and applying to to continue to work for the same position.

If you are in a position to wait for the new rules then I would suggest to do so as many of us here would agree.

Any queries, PM me. HTH.

Best wishes,
Ashley.

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:29 pm

treefriend wrote:
keikeichris wrote:Got COS refused. Salary was below 32k

regards
Chris
Chris,
Are u still working for the same employer? I have sent my application for unmarried partner visa. But my employer think that I am eligible to work as my psw expires today. I told him that current extends until the outcome of new application. I am wondering if someone has ukba links which confirms it.

Thanks
Got my rejection today same reason under 32K, no appeal.
But I have a question Do I fall into the unrestricted or restricted later on, as we are applying for COS again, and the result will come out but after 6th April, unders the new rules?

Is it worth sending an urgent consideration again before 6th April? Like now......Please reply thanks.

regards
Chris

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:14 pm

keikeichris wrote:Got my rejection today same reason under 32K, no appeal.
But I have a question Do I fall into the unrestricted or restricted later on, as we are applying for COS again, and the result will come out but after 6th April, unders the new rules?

Is it worth sending an urgent consideration again before 6th April? Like now......Please reply thanks.

regards
Chris
Chris,
when does ur visa expired? If it has expired then can u still apply for COS?

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:55 am

treefriend wrote:

regards
Chris
Chris,
3rd March...Well..my application is still with UKBA so I fall into the unrestricted apparently..as my employer called the Sponsor Helpline and asked for it... we've sent the form already through email.
Thanks
Chris

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:24 pm

keikeichris wrote:
treefriend wrote:

regards
Chris
Chris,
3rd March...Well..my application is still with UKBA so I fall into the unrestricted apparently..as my employer called the Sponsor Helpline and asked for it... we've sent the form already through email.
Thanks
Chris
Got the COS rejection and application is still with UKBA and got a biometric letter,so I guess I should go just in case. Thanks
Chris

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:24 pm

apply on 3rd without cos

Applying from Home country which means restricted and it starts applying from the 6th April. there is an update:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -occ-lists

All I am hoping is that they will wait for my application until 6th April then once I get it the unrestricted COS..then send the COS number:
I was just wondering should I do my biometric asap or wait for that 15 days, so it buys me a bit more time ?? hope you can advice..thx
regards
Chris

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:27 pm

ashleyransoo wrote:Dear friends.

I was once like you, was fighting to get a COS number.

Was on PSW, non-shortage occupation. But salary not at 36K as at January panel, so was struggling to get a COS.

Meantime, my visa ran out, but I got right of appeal since I sent my application without COS before the expiry date. They obviously refused the application because of no COS.

But I went to First tier tribunal and won the appeal on the grounds that I'm on PSW, and employer had a license to sponsor me but not the fault of the employer if UKBA is not giving a COS number because of the limit. Also, if you guys have been applying for COS before december 21, then it gives you more chances of winning the appeal since the interim limit was deemed unlawful before that date. Technically you should have been given a COS for any application made before that.

Note: your job still needs to follow codes of practice and that you have been working for same employer for last 6 months and applying to to continue to work for the same position.

If you are in a position to wait for the new rules then I would suggest to do so as many of us here would agree.

Any queries, PM me. HTH.

Best wishes,
Ashley.
Thx ashley for your supportive words, I know my employers requestion got rejected. and I applied after 21Dec, would I stand a chance in appeal. I have been working for the same employer for over 2 years.

So u suggest me to go appeal as soon as possible if they send me back my Application. Since I sent my application without COS...

Did u go alone or with a solicitor?

Many thanks
regards
Chris