ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

20 year long stay in uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmad666
Newly Registered

20 year long stay in uk

Post by ahmad666 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 am

Dear all
i came in this country mid of june 1991
after few months i apply for asylem roughly mid of dec 1991
after three year my asylem refused
i did't take any action and stay in this country till 2004
i apply for long residencey end of december 2004
after that i did't hear any thing from home office about my case
i submited all required documents which shows that i live in this country from 1991 to 2004.
so can any one tell me where i am standing now

help me plz
i am still in middle and my lawyer has no idea how long it take
life is really difficult for me
i am getting all benfits as well but don't have passport to travel.

xyz123

Re: 20 year long stay in uk

Post by xyz123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 am

ahmad666 wrote:Dear all
i came in this country mid of june 1991
after few months i apply for asylem roughly mid of dec 1991
after three year my asylem refused
i did't take any action and stay in this country till 2004
i apply for long residencey end of december 2004
after that i did't hear any thing from home office about my case
i submited all required documents which shows that i live in this country from 1991 to 2004.
so can any one tell me where i am standing now

help me plz
i am still in middle and my lawyer has no idea how long it take
life is really difficult for me
i am getting all benfits as well but don't have passport to travel.
Have you tried to contact your local MP? Often a letter from an MP can get UKBA into action and get the job done.

what is teh most recent communication do you have from UKBA regarding status of your application?

ahmad666
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad666 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 pm

i have appointment with mp regarding this issue
there few more information about me
i get merry with woman came here on student visa from india and we have 5 year old baby girl (she is going school as well).
i submitted all her documents in 2004. but still no reply from home office
is it possible i will apply for child benfits and working tex credit and child tax credit at the moments i am taking only housing benfits
i am now 52 year old and my daughter she is 5 year old living with me and my wife in one bedroom flat

bakunai
Newly Registered

Post by bakunai » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Hello Ahmad ,

I sincerely wish you will soon sort out for good your application thing since
i know what it is like to be in a waiting situation like you are in . i'm in much much worse situation then you are . i came to this country in March 1994 and it's been 17 years now and i haven't even applied for 14 Lr yet.

2 things are stopping me . first and what seems to be most important is that i read in 14 long unlawful residency document that if you get refused on your asylum application like me(in my case after one year) then your clock stops the day secretary of state refuses your asylum application and one don't qualify for 14 lr rule. i tried to clarify if what i understood about that clock thing is correct on many boards but nobody has definitive idea about that . may be i'm wrong and i didn't understand it right.

i'm sorry that i'm not writing any practical ideas about your situation i would if i could but since your case is very similar to mine i was wondering if you can spread some light on one thing?!

after you have submitted 14 Year Lr application to UKBA what happened then? you say you claim all benefits , how? i'm just wondering if after your lawyer submits your document you automatically have right to claim benefits and apply for jobs while you wait for decision? on a basis of what ? do you have right to do that ? do you get some paper that allows you to do all that?
please clarify if you can it will help me a great deal in making my move. and yeah
2nd reason i was talking about is that between 2000-2002 i had really taugh spot financially and i was doing little cash in hand jobs here and then and changing accommodations quite frequently , living off suitcase basically , staying with friends so i don't have bills, tenancy agreements for that period and my bank statements are blank for that period too hence i don't have anything to prove that i was all that time here.

please spread some light if you can many thx in advance

ahmad666
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad666 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 am

Dear All
i came in this country in and apply Asylem which refused
i am still uneducated but i can write and read very well
anyway my Asylem refused but luckly i got housing benfits because on last centry its allowed to get Asylem and benfits but after refuseal of my Asylem i did't inform councils and live in same address
i got all my bank account i have british driving licence i have natioanl insurance i am cotributing national insurance since 1994.
i get merry with student came from india and have beautiful 5 year old baby girl she is school going and enjoy schooling
i also submit my wife documents in home office
home office got my documents my wife documents and daughter birth certificate, all utility bills on my name and my wife name housing benfits documents
home office contact me in octobar and ask me about my and my family photo and other proof of address
but after no reply
as above one friend suggust me to contact my MP i will do it

can any one help me this is all my story
can i reapply for 14 year long residencey or wait for there reply

regards

ahmad666
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad666 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:50 pm

good news
i received papers from home office
thay post me latter ment ion that i am entitle of ILR and i received A4 size paper and ilr on it with my picture on it
but we did't received any thing for my family
mean my wife and my daughter

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Really pleased for you Ahmad.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:55 pm

As your daughter was born in the UK you can register her as a British citizen. What is your wife's current immigration status?

ahmad666
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad666 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:07 pm

i dont know her statuts now but now i am going to apply for her registration as well so hope she will get citizenship as well

ahmad666
Newly Registered

Post by ahmad666 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:09 pm

this boards is best for services
thanx alot for helpong me

bakunai
Newly Registered

Post by bakunai » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Congratulations Ahmad !

most likely what happened was you have qualified under legacy case thing that government is clearing now till july 2011 but not through your 14 Year LR you application in 2004 . that's why your wife hasn't received lr paper .

if you were refused your asylum appeal back in 199? it means your clock stopped right there and you wouldn't be qualified under 14 year lr .

its most likely and logically legacy case clearing that government is doing now as i said , that only logical explanation why only received ilr

read this article
http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=list&lid=79719