ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 5 yrs period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cclm12
Newly Registered

ILR - 5 yrs period

Post by Cclm12 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Hello.

I have a question on the 5 years qualifying period. Does it start on your visa date or the date you start work?

My WP starts 28 July
My WP visa starts at 1 Aug and I start work on 7 Aug. Does it mean I have to count 28 days based on 7th Aug or 1st Aug?

Many thanks

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:35 pm

It starts on the day that you first entered UK.

xyz123

Re: ILR - 5 yrs period

Post by xyz123 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Cclm12 wrote:Hello.

I have a question on the 5 years qualifying period. Does it start on your visa date or the date you start work?

My WP starts 28 July
My WP visa starts at 1 Aug and I start work on 7 Aug. Does it mean I have to count 28 days based on 7th Aug or 1st Aug?

Many thanks
It has nothing to do with when you start work. If WP was an out of country applicaiton, then ILR period starts from date you entered UK on WP. If it was an in-country application then ILR period starts from date when WP was stamped in passport.